*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP

+2
Orford
Gaz
6 posters

Go down

HELP Empty HELP

Post by Gaz Sun 7 Feb - 19:21:43

Dont know if im in the right section but her goes. I cant play PR 0.9 because my laptop plays it like a slideshow and is unplayable.Installed it on my computer wich instead and played single player on co operative with high settings etc and it played like a dream all the new kits etc were pretty good no lag all perfect. Now heres the problem when i try and connect to a server it crashes and creates a dmp file in the battlefield 2 documents folder named after the battlefield patch 1.5 im asking you guys cause i was on the pr forums back in april and they couldnt work it out so i gave up then. If anyone has any suggestions im all ears anyway it was good playing with you guys and if i fix this ill play again if not then tallyho chaps until i buy my 10 grand dreammachine :D
Gaz
Gaz

Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

HELP Empty Re: HELP

Post by Orford Mon 8 Feb - 20:10:49

max setting are causing alot of ppl issues use medium setting and a low screen res start at 1280x1024 or a 16:9 ratio if using a widescreen. If you get no crashes keep the grafix at medium but up the screen res untill you crash then drop it one down.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

HELP Empty tried that infact tried every combination of settings there is i think its an internet connection thing or punkbuster.

Post by Gaz Tue 9 Feb - 12:53:31

Orford wrote:max setting are causing alot of ppl issues use medium setting and a low screen res start at 1280x1024 or a 16:9 ratio if using a widescreen. If you get no crashes keep the grafix at medium but up the screen res untill you crash then drop it one down.
Gaz
Gaz

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Tue 9 Feb - 13:01:58

Have u tried up dating punkbuster manually? Checked your firewall settings? Ran it in admin mode? Turn off xfire if you have it? Also check your ram. Running out of ideas lol
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

HELP Empty bf2 exe hates me

Post by Gaz Tue 9 Feb - 13:24:32

bullyhouse wrote:Have u tried up dating punkbuster manually? Checked your firewall settings? Ran it in admin mode? Turn off xfire if you have it? Also check your ram. Running out of ideas lol
Im gonna playabout with fukbuster next then look at firewall settings and udp ports whatever they are im also gonna check settings on my laptop with them on my pc if that fails im gonna get a new pc and then spend a couple of hours smashing my pc round the garden with a shovel and then setting it on fire and then smashing it again :x
Gaz
Gaz

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Tue 9 Feb - 13:53:52

Might also help if you could acess and read the dmp. file. Theres a whole section on it at support.microsoft.com its a bit heavy going though!
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaz Fri 12 Feb - 15:53:23

bullyhouse wrote:Might also help if you could acess and read the dmp. file. Theres a whole section on it at support.microsoft.com its a bit heavy going though!
ok i found the solution lol its the internet connection either the firewall mcafee, ports or something like that i havnt a clue. All i know is when i connect to a server on my laptop i look at the event log and note down what connects and on my pc it does something fukd up and says something like a computer at blah blah attempted an unsolicitaed connection blah blah .Can he fix it , can he fook but i am determind any1 any suggestions i am all ears :x
Gaz
Gaz

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Fri 12 Feb - 17:08:50

i guess you have to check what ports BF/PR use, then allow them through your firewall. or in your firewall settings allow the programmes.. bf2.exe (me thinks)
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang2Rights Fri 12 Feb - 17:16:58

Gaz wrote:
bullyhouse wrote:Might also help if you could acess and read the dmp. file. Theres a whole section on it at support.microsoft.com its a bit heavy going though!
ok i found the solution lol its the internet connection either the firewall mcafee, ports or something like that i havnt a clue. All i know is when i connect to a server on my laptop i look at the event log and note down what connects and on my pc it does something fukd up and says something like a computer at blah blah attempted an unsolicitaed connection blah blah .Can he fix it , can he fook but i am determind any1 any suggestions i am all ears :x

Kill McAfee. I had it for two years before I saw the light. It got in the way of everything, very resource intensive. I Just re-newed my Norton. If you go to PC world at the moment, they've got Norton Internet Security + Utilities for £28. Ask them to price match to WH Smith normal NIS for £25. You've basically got the equivalent to Norton 360 for around half price!

There are other security packages that are pretty good. But this one works for me!

Bang2Rights

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Fri 12 Feb - 17:38:45

i got norton 360! its the nuts!! registry cleaner, free on-line backup, the works on it!
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Fri 12 Feb - 18:16:43

Kick macafee in the nooots, then Login to your router and mess around with it, either allow, or port trigger goto www.portforward.com, if that's not the webby then google it

or it's windows firewall/defender go through that too :)
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Fri 12 Feb - 19:35:45

Gaz Try this
Load up battlefield 2 and login
then go the server browser tweak the filters so you can see any mod/version servers look a PR server searching "*NwA*" should work (though make sure its the PR and not the special forces server). Then try joining it, this might or may not work but worth a try.

Snips

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaz Fri 12 Feb - 19:46:59

Sniperhid wrote:Gaz Try this
Load up battlefield 2 and login
then go the server browser tweak the filters so you can see any mod/version servers look a PR server searching "*NwA*" should work (though make sure its the PR and not the special forces server). Then try joining it, this might or may not work but worth a try.

Snips
cheers gonna giv it a try
Gaz
Gaz

Back to top Go down

HELP Empty wahey

Post by Gaz Mon 15 Feb - 17:45:24

i fixd it i think it was the cd key in the registry i put my cd key in the correct way fuckd about a bit and bingo it works i can now play with no lag on high settings and its a whole new experience im lovin it thanks for the suggestions anyways guys :lol:
Gaz
Gaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum