*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

solid state drives..

2 posters

Go down

solid state drives.. Empty solid state drives..

Post by stuntmanSLim Sun 13 Dec - 16:02:08

Hi, Has anyone got any "SSD's", need alittle information, i been playing Crysis wars & noticed a pause/slow down effect as if waiting for data from my hard drives,i got 2 in raid 0 to speed things up,but i think it still not fast enough,i know the hard drives are the bottleneck of a system,so will buying two OCZ Vertex Turbo Series SATA II 2.5" SSD solve my problem ? ;

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/solid_state_drives/ocz_vertex_turbo_series_sata_ii_2_5-ssd

(expensive,approx £145 for one 30gb sad )

stuntmanSLim

Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

solid state drives.. Empty Re: solid state drives..

Post by stuntmanSLim Sun 13 Dec - 16:42:50

stuntmanSLim wrote:Hi, Has anyone got any "SSD's", need alittle information, i been playing Crysis wars & noticed a pause/slow down effect as if waiting for data from my hard drives,i got 2 in raid 0 to speed things up,but i think it still not fast enough,i know the hard drives are the bottleneck of a system,so will buying two OCZ Vertex Turbo Series SATA II 2.5" SSD solve my problem ? ;

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/solid_state_drives/ocz_vertex_turbo_series_sata_ii_2_5-ssd

(expensive,approx £145 for one 30gb sad )

I just been talking to someone on a crysis wars server,he says its server load & not my end,therefore i can't do anything about it only to join 16vs16 & under coz thats what crysis was built for,not more. :silent:

stuntmanSLim

Back to top Go down

Post by devilhawk Sun 13 Dec - 16:59:18

i know that SSD's are very good , but atm i just think they are way to overprice, you will see how much they come down in next few months

get a spinpoint f3 1 tb HDD, its very good, and just as fast as a SSD

devilhawk

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by stuntmanSLim Sun 13 Dec - 18:27:51

devilhawk wrote:i know that SSD's are very good , but atm i just think they are way to overprice, you will see how much they come down in next few months

get a spinpoint f3 1 tb HDD, its very good, and just as fast as a SSD

I just done alot of tests,its server load,therefore no need for ssd's.

stuntmanSLim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum