*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question About Current Map Rotation

5 posters

Go down

Question About Current Map Rotation Empty Question About Current Map Rotation

Post by Player_1 Fri 13 Sep - 1:50:08

First off I want thank all of you for keeping the server well adminned and running. I've been playing here daily for the past few weeks and have been having a blast each and every time.

My question is if there has been any discussion about changing up the map rotation. While it works well enough for seeding, it is in my opinion getting kind of stale. Of course, usually an admin is on hand to change to a certain map during regular hours, but when there is not an admin around playing Burning Sands or Muttrah for the (ridiculous number) time this week gets old.

Player_1

Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Question About Current Map Rotation Empty Re: Question About Current Map Rotation

Post by kopite73 Fri 13 Sep - 9:21:33

at the min mate the maps are very unstable we are trying to find a list that runs with least crashes and good seed map for when it does thanks fo rthe feed back all noted , and we are working on it , enjoy mate .
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Question About Current Map Rotation Empty Re: Question About Current Map Rotation

Post by Viglen Fri 13 Sep - 11:45:52

If you ever need a map changed or setnext i can do that poke me on ts or pm me on here and i will get notified on my phone.
Viglen
Viglen
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Player_1 Fri 13 Sep - 13:44:51

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the fast replies.

Player_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Fri 13 Sep - 19:12:22

Sorry man, this is something that has no clear answer, the maplist has 4 or 5 maps at the start which are a rotation that is supposed to be set when the last admin leaves the server.  The rest of the maplist is in alphabetical order so that the admins could find the map numbers quickly.  However, when a map is setnext this means that it resumes the maplist from that point (ie if I setnext burning sands AAS Std it will then play the large layer then insurgency then which ever map is alphabetically next starting at the inf layer and going on.) Seeing as this method isn't used anymore to set the next map I will see if we can get some longer length rotations in, however, this falls apart with the use of the setnext as it will carry on from the point it was set to so means we are still stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Might have to try and school the admins to reset it to the start of the maplist before the last one leaves lol
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Player_1 Sat 14 Sep - 8:11:49

Haha that would be great man. I've got one last question regarding maps. Is there a particular reason you guys don't seed with skirmish instead of insurgency, at least on occasion? Not that I don't like Basra. For me it's one of those maps that I hate one day but love the next. The issue I see is that by seeding with an insurgency map, it is usually two or three rounds later that insurgency gets played again. This means that it is not until later in the day, usually late evening, that a proper round of insurgency is played. By "proper", I mean that Blufor have a fair chance at playing without all of the bridges being blown, MSRs being mined, and the tank lost by a, shall we say, less than qualified crew that doesn't speak English yet chose to bring it out of main before they had enough players for decent APC support Rolling Eyes .

Player_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Viglen Sat 14 Sep - 13:38:05

The public get bored on a skirmish imo. Give them techies, camper wagons, land rovers with MK19 on top and they tend to stay and seed :o
Viglen
Viglen
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaydeeOne Sat 14 Sep - 18:20:20

As Vig said. Pubbers tend to actively seed earlier on an ins map rather than sit alt tabbed. Bit more fun blowing people up with rpgs than walking around a deserted suburb. That being said if an admin is on and enough people want it we will run a skirmish or another map/maptype.
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down