*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who says insurgency burning sands is bad ?

4 posters

Go down

Who says insurgency burning sands is bad ? Empty Who says insurgency burning sands is bad ?

Post by Alchemist Fri 9 Aug - 11:56:51

I have heard some opinions that burning sands ins is totally messed up because of the flags. Well, I guess some people to easily lose their sight from the objective when they see a flag. Screaming "Leeroyyyy" they run towards the flag to cap it. 

What's the point ? Do you get any tickets for capping flags? No, Do you get additional spawns? No. Are you going to get overrun almost every single time by 50 kills-hungry monkeys? that's a fat YES. 

So you win the map if you cap all the flags, that's fine, I bet it is possible but is that really your objective on insurgency map? I don't think so. 

Cashes are the objective. Flags are there to force some fire-fights and acquire intel points. You cap the flag and you force the bad guys to go there to retake it. The smart thing to do is to retreat before you get overrun by the swarm. You got what you came for (intel), why to prolong your stay in the nationhood? They will just keep spawning when you are waiting for your medic to overcome that. Good luck. 

Another concept beside the tactical retreat that you can practice on this map is the bounding overwatch. Map has so much open space that if you do not split your team in to at least two fire teams and move one under the protection of second than you are asking for shameful death in shape of technical suddenly appearing from nowhere and annihilated all your men or lonely juba sniper who waited patiently until you get to the point of no return and pick you one by one. 

Its worth mentioning that on standard, ins got 32 techy's, so you need each fire team to be able to deal with that. 

At the start the only reason to spawn at the occupied position in the town is to save assets that are there, mount them immediately and get the hell out of there unless you wish to die as a heroic defender. Forget about drooping fob there, it will be overrun before you finish it.  

In all I think it is an amazing map and I cant wait till I'll play it on a full scale.

Last edited by Alchemist on Fri 9 Aug - 12:13:57; edited 1 time in total
Alchemist
Alchemist
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Who says insurgency burning sands is bad ? Empty Re: Who says insurgency burning sands is bad ?

Post by slorg25 Fri 9 Aug - 12:04:16

Burning Sands Ins is bad for several reasons.

1. The flags are bugged. When the enemy cap a flag (which is really easy as will be explained in points 2 and 3) the insurgent team lose 30 tickets! Insurgents only start with 50, so lose 2 flags and it's over.

2. The insurgents get 27 cars and a bike. Bluefor get landies and APCs.

3. Bluefor spawn inside the city and are in a very short walking/driving distance of ALL flags. No bluefor team in their right mind would EVER go for the cache on this map in the state that it's in.

Burning Sands Ins sucks
slorg25
slorg25

Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Who says insurgency burning sands is bad ? Empty Re: Who says insurgency burning sands is bad ?

Post by TheShaydeeOne Fri 9 Aug - 12:06:23

The flags are completely broken, the round gets finished in seconds.
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Fri 9 Aug - 12:40:13

My bad I didn't know ins lose tickets if Brits cap the flag and took those civi cars for technical's. In my book that would be a bug and it will be fixed at some point, but who knows.

Nevertheless I think this map has a potential and if it is as hard as you say it is than that's even more encouraging to try and find a way of being victorious as a insurgents.

If ins cap that only flag than Brits get ticket bleed so I guess you are right that until flag mechanic changes they are the main objective of this map. 

APC's spawn 10mins after round starts so I it looks like that's the time, more or less, for ins to deploy mortars and bomb s**t out of that compound and focus on surrounding it and containing troops that spawn inside.

Why every time they make a good map it has to be screwed by some bugy mechanic... I don't know.
Alchemist
Alchemist
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Fri 9 Aug - 15:05:05

I think flags are going to be removed. 

but it is going to be fixed in a future patch.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down