*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Teamwork Tuesday (Or any other day of the week)

+3
Hunt3r xXx
Bullet2Hart
b.pronk(nl)
7 posters

Go down

Suggestion: Teamwork Tuesday (Or any other day of the week) Empty Suggestion: Teamwork Tuesday (Or any other day of the week)

Post by b.pronk(nl) Sat 15 Jun - 17:09:54

Hey guys,

I have noticed that the past few weeks the teamwork and tactics went pretty down hill. I want to change that by taking it into our own hands. No more silent Squad Leader channels, no more locked 1337 squads who don't communicate! On this tactical day it is all about the team and the tactics. For this day I suggest to change the rule-set, make it more strict and heavily enforced. Not only do I suggest a different rule-set for this day (Maybe only evening) I also want to suggest that the NwA members at least lead 2 to 3 squads in each team and give the right example, NwA has very skilled players in the clan they can use those skills to up the teamwork and tactics. Maybe in later stages we could even focus on commanders. I think that if we can do this and maybe ask other server-less clans (=MeRK= ?) for some help we can pull this off. 

Why?

Because lately the teamwork and tactics are going downhill and that is not good for the server and the people playing on the server. It will only attract players you don't want.

How?

By having NwA members and maybe other clan members leading multiple squads and initiating teamwork and communications. In later stages having a few people to command can be optional.

Also by slight changing the rules for this day (or evening) and heavily enforce them.

- ALL Players must be on mumble and must have a working microphone.
- ALL Squadleaders must be responsive on mumble.
- ALL Squads must play for the objective and in service of their team. A squad may never play for their own k/d or honor. 
-  NO Other Languages besides English on Squad Leader mumble channel.
- ALL Clans must bring their "a-game" (iirc) to the table. Any clans that do play in service of their team will be banned for the night (Might be too harsh :? )

How not?

Well let's not teamstack and rape all the pubbies, I know that it's fun but not for this night. And of course it is "our duty" to show how it's done. So no Clan-member only squads from our side when there are no other proper squads. 

And for a certain member it also means to not resign a SLs for not getting a HAT-kit (Klippie Wink ) 

Pro's

Well the server will benefit from it since it will scare away the people whom are only playing for their own K/Ds and 1337 missions from which the team and game doesn't benefit.

We can maybe play more types of game modes since the teams will actually be able to play them properly.

We will be able to attract more teamwork focused players again since as of lately I found them more on other servers than on our server. 

Better gameplay.

Players can develop better than on a server where people are just screwing around.

Cons

Well we will lose people, but in my opinion those are the players that you rather don't want to have on your server or anywhere near you.

Some clans will join other servers instead because they are used to fighting for their own in the middle of nowhere (=TSF= in my opinion is a good example in how they play, this is a personal opinion).

It takes some effort, some people have to turn up a notch (iirc) and some aren't used to do that.

It takes some time before it will get very successful because some folks have to get used to another kind of environment. 

Some members and other players whom don't like the serious and "hardcore" PR stuff might want to avoid this evening.

In Short

Everyone takes charge and shows their "a-game". Rules will be stricter for this day/evening and everything will be teamwork and tactical orientated. This takes some effort and some people might want to avoid this evening/day.

What do you guys think about this? Post this below. If offended anyone it didn't mean to do that. I just want to help and put some more effort into the quality of the gameplay.
b.pronk(nl)
b.pronk(nl)
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2012-06-10

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Teamwork Tuesday (Or any other day of the week) Empty Re: Suggestion: Teamwork Tuesday (Or any other day of the week)

Post by Bullet2Hart Sat 15 Jun - 19:29:30

Problem being everyone knows how to play the their maximum potential, everybody is just bored and waiting for the new patch, im guessing you havnt been around long but ever since i played pr the gameplay always drops while waiting for the next patch. this one 10x worse because we've been waiting so freaking long.
Bullet2Hart
Bullet2Hart

Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Teamwork Tuesday (Or any other day of the week) Empty Re: Suggestion: Teamwork Tuesday (Or any other day of the week)

Post by b.pronk(nl) Sat 15 Jun - 19:41:14

Ahum, I am playing PR over 4 to 5 years now. So I am around for quite a long time, however I think that if we try to do what I said above we can get teamwork better. Now we often have a few members in one squad and some spread over squadmember positions and maybe another member leading a squad. My suggestion is to take the lead and at least try to make it better than it is now. If we can do that like once a week you can also get the community better at the game which means less grunts when 1.0 comes out. However I do understand your point of view, it is something we should take with us when making the decision.
b.pronk(nl)
b.pronk(nl)
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r xXx Sun 16 Jun - 1:02:46

It's not like we were ever against teamwork, we've always promoted it in our games. (well, most of the time).
But maybe, by putting up this "teamwork tuesday" title, it will encourage non-NwA players to be more team-oriented, while in reality nothing would have changed at all.
Hunt3r xXx
Hunt3r xXx
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Sun 16 Jun - 2:48:28

b.pronk(nl) wrote:- ALL Clans must bring their "a-game" (iirc) to the table. Any clans that do play in service of their team will be banned for the night (Might be too harsh :? ) Too harsh and not in the spirit of the day/evening, normal rules and normal !w, !k, !tb, !b would be in play.

Well let's not teamstack and rape all the pubbies, I know that it's fun but not for this night. And of course it is "our duty" to show how it's done. So no Clan-member only squads from our side when there are no other proper squads.  It has been proven time and time again that 'team-stacking' is a mental idea not a physical reality.  Clan-member only squads happen because  we are a gaming community who enjoy playing games together, plus we know what clan members are like, we know each other's playstyles and we enjoy each other's company.  An idea might be to ask people to have a couple of non clan members at least.

Pro's

Well the server will benefit from it since it will scare away the people whom are only playing for their own K/Ds and 1337 missions from which the team and game doesn't benefit. No it won't, these people will still exist and will still want to play on our server.  Kicking them off the server won't make them change their attitude, it will piss them off and make them rage/flame us, either on these forums or on the PR forums and/or mean they won't play on our server again, both of which are not good outcomes.

We can maybe play more types of game modes since the teams will actually be able to play them properly. There are 2 types of game mode, AAS and INS.  Vehicle warfare turns into a destruction derby and Command and Control is horrible (seriously if you have played it it's almost worst than ins)

We will be able to attract more teamwork focused players again since as of lately I found them more on other servers than on our server. This might happen, but at the end of the day requiring teamwork and maturity is already a server rule and we still get dickheads players who are not teamwork orientated.

Better gameplay.

Players can develop better than on a server where people are just screwing around. I wouldn't say people screw around on any server apart from 2 times, seeding and dying.

Cons

Well we will lose people, but in my opinion those are the players that you rather don't want to have on your server or anywhere near you. We really cannot be losing people at the moment, PRTA and HOG are getting bigger and bigger, if either of them opens another server and can successfully admin/seed it then we would have BIG problems, we need to be focusing on getting a better report with more clans and more players.

Some clans will join other servers instead because they are used to fighting for their own in the middle of nowhere (=TSF= in my opinion is a good example in how they play, this is a personal opinion). As above, helping other servers seed/gain population is a good reason not to do this.  At the end of the day we are paying £60 a month for a server, it used to be full from 10/11am until 3am, these days we are lucky if it seeds before 13:00 and if it lasts past 23:30/00:00, we need to be getting more players involved in the game and more players involved in our server.

It takes some effort, some people have to turn up a notch (iirc) and some aren't used to do that. Personally, PR isn't a game I come on and not play at my best, I've got DayZ, War Thunder,  Dota2, BF3, single player games for that.

It takes some time before it will get very successful because some folks have to get used to another kind of environment. The environment will not change, admin styles will not change (ie we won't be extra zealous with the rules, and kicking people is making more enemies).

Some members and other players whom don't like the serious and "hardcore" PR stuff might want to avoid this evening. PR is a tactical game, as above, PR is a game which many (if not all) people play in a serious manner, going over the top with the seriousness will probably result in a negative outcome

In Short

Everyone takes charge and shows their "a-game". Rules will be stricter for this day/evening and everything will be teamwork and tactical orientated. This takes some effort and some people might want to avoid this evening/day. As said earlier, rules and rule enforcement will NOT be changed.

What do you guys think about this? Post this below. If offended anyone it didn't mean to do that. I just want to help and put some more effort into the quality of the gameplay.

Despite my comments above this has a good idea behind it, however, a poor implementation.  If you want to improve the quality of the players on the server then the way to go about that is to improve the popularity of the server and to get to know the pubbers.  A better implementation would be to suggest that clan members try to make squads that include pubbers, rather than having 2 x 6man NwA squads, go for 3 or 4 squads with 3-4 NwA players and 2-3 pubbers.  Also it might be an idea for clan members to try playing roles they don't usually play.  Personally I have been playing a lot of assets recently so a goal for me would be to play more infantry roles or even go as commander.  Another way to encourage better gameplay would be to give incentives for playing as commander (don't know what/how but a commander makes a big difference to a team's success usually).

A final note from me is to ask all clan members to have a more relaxed approach to the public.  The PR community is pretty small these days (let's be honest there are 4-5 servers that are full on a regular basis) and if we are increasingly offensive to players and ban them all then we will soon end up paying a load of money for a server we don't fill, and that would be a shame.
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by sugnat Sun 16 Jun - 4:20:39

To add from what delta said, its a good idea however trying to enforce mumble is a lofty idea that is destined to fail....we tried it once and personally I was leading a squad at the time...I didn't give orders cause the entire time I was watching my second screen or getting reports of non-mumble players, essentially it killed my game and my squads game.
sugnat
sugnat

Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Sun 16 Jun - 9:57:00

the best ever update they could for pr would be to disable  the in game chat then you wouldn't have to read all the bolloxs from the nob heads and the game would be enjoyable. Then you would get team work again like in the old days when every one just enjoyed the game not the trolling.
Kop
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Sun 16 Jun - 10:34:39

hmm, good shout kop, i wonder if this is something we could do server side?
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by b.pronk(nl) Sun 16 Jun - 20:02:22

I've read the posts above and I see that the general idea behind it is good but the rest is too much. So maybe it cut the idea down to just a few NwA members on each team leading squads with pubbers and maybe even commanding and getting their game-face on. With that I don't mean how we play most of the time, but maybe for one game turn it up a notch. 

And Kopite, if it is possible, why not? But are admins still be able to do the kick / ban / warn things without the chat?

About PRTA getting bigger, I promise you if we were also giving free slots away and giving admin rights to lots of strangers within 3 weeks you'll have you server populated from 10:00 to 02:00 the next night. But that's not how NwA rolls.

I also want to know if you guys see the teamwork also decreasing, with that I mean the mumble chatter etc. I only hear things nowadays when I run the mortars and when people are in the danger of being overrun. For intel about vehicles and infantry I nowadays have to send a scout ahead because mumble stays silent. Do you guys think there is anyway of changing this without too much effort?
b.pronk(nl)
b.pronk(nl)
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thargret_Matcher Tue 2 Jul - 14:41:10

I have not played for 2 weeks, that is why there is a decline! 

Not but seriously, I notice this aswell Pronk. I look forward to playing when the servers come up.

also with 1.0 Mumble will be always on, thus no need to enforce the rule.
Thargret_Matcher
Thargret_Matcher

Registration date : 2013-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down