*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thaiphoon Burner

2 posters

Go down

Thaiphoon Burner Empty Thaiphoon Burner

Post by Orford Sat 15 Jun - 13:54:34

Any one got a serial I can borrow, I only need to change the Mhz of one stick of ram as my wifes MAc Book Pro wont boot with 1333Mhz RAM upgrade I bought for her and the Apple EFI wont down clock the RAM to 1066Mhz. If I change the SPD of the RAM chip and make it 1066 the EFI will run the FSB at the right Mhz and auto down clock the other stick.

The cheeky fukers want £13GBP just for a serial and I only want to change one stick, Its 3 clicks of the mouse for £13 get fuked. I dont mind paying dont get me wrong if it was £5GBP fine then it would be worth it and cheeper than taking the RAM back to the shop.

HELP!

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Thaiphoon Burner Empty Re: Thaiphoon Burner

Post by Bullet2Hart Sat 15 Jun - 15:18:24

Bullet2Hart
Bullet2Hart

Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sat 15 Jun - 17:42:08

Nothing like it mate.

The ram sticks have a EPROM chip that has all the info your PC bios need so it can set the memory timings and Mhz of the RAM. I have 1333Mhz RAM for my wifes Mac Book Pro. Now normally if you put that in a Motherboard the bios reads the SPD chip and sets the RAM timings etc etc.

Now on a MAC Book Pro mid 2010 Apple use a thing (BIOS) called a EFI and that has a bug (Nvidia limitation) that makes it fixed to 1066Mhz RAM speed. I didnt know this and neither did the guy in the shop who sold me the RAM. As we both though its ok the BIOS will just underclock the RAM.

The only program I can find that allows you to reprogram the SPD EPROM is Thaiphoon Burner, which is good for super users who want to adjust RAM timings and tweek the max Mhz from there RAM out side of a BIOS that allows it. But it also with make the chip read as 1066Mhz instead of 1333Mhz.

I'm not paying £13 GBP. I've since arranged to return the RAM and buy some 1066Mhz from Ebuyer.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum