*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arma 3 dedicated server

5 posters

Go down

Arma 3 dedicated server Empty Arma 3 dedicated server

Post by P-koustrup Wed 6 Mar - 11:57:43

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-server-on-a-dedicated-server <- any chance we could set up a arma 3 dedicated server? :)

Pretty please.
P-koustrup
P-koustrup
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-15

Back to top Go down

Arma 3 dedicated server Empty Re: Arma 3 dedicated server

Post by Nixy23 Wed 6 Mar - 13:06:08

We were already discussing it yesterday, seeing as we did have a few connection issues on player-hosted games.

I'd say it's in the works, but everyone's busy with work during the day Razz
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Wed 6 Mar - 14:31:02

That looks doable, I bet out wouldn't be too hard to do. I think our server is linux though? And not sure if we're/you're allowed to install steam on it?

+ You need to keep in consideration that it doesn't mess with the PR servers etc. I wouldnt be suprised if it took quite some resources
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Wed 6 Mar - 16:04:10

Whilst this is indeed a nice workaround. It is a shame about needing to launch steam in offline mode. Steam seem to be coming down tougher on people who violate their Terms of Service. I read a similar tutorial on /r/arma about this, but someone mentioned that the person who does do it starts to get messages about illegal copies degrading ingame. I wish to dodge risk towards my personal account of ~100 games.

It is also a shame that I have just found a few tutorials on headless clients and yes arma 3 supports them as well. headless clients improve AI server performance drastically by taking away the AI simulation from the server and moving it to a separate client which could still run on the dedibox :D.

I'll await to see if either steam/BI have any official statements on such a workaround first.

@Kerre - The server runs windows server Wink

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Wed 6 Mar - 16:58:51

ps box doesnt pay for its self any donations all welcome ...
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down