*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCC on the server

4 posters

Go down

MCC on the server Empty MCC on the server

Post by P-koustrup Sat 12 Jan - 9:28:49

Hey guys. 2 questions

1. Can we add @mcc_sandbox to the server - it would be helpfull when we are just gofing around, training, flying etc. - im not so sure about using it in missions.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15547

2. Can I get ftp access to the server? - last nigth we were flying around, and we could really have used a new map, to train 2vs2 aircombat - a map that wouldnt have been hard to set up and put up. but we couldnt :/
P-koustrup
P-koustrup
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-15

Back to top Go down

MCC on the server Empty Re: MCC on the server

Post by ExeTick Sat 12 Jan - 10:03:10

1. we already have a flying training map or even 2.

2. ask snippers for password to server and you can change map to whatever you like. well atleast whatever is on the server.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by P-koustrup Sat 12 Jan - 10:19:02

1. do we have one where we can be on both sides?
1.1 not really the question, mcc can be used for so much more, and just for random training session, its awesome.

2. got the password, need info for the FTP server :)
P-koustrup
P-koustrup
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Sat 12 Jan - 11:23:21

we cant give out FTP access to everyone who wants it.

you have to ask snippers to add the map for you.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by P-koustrup Sat 12 Jan - 11:38:55

Sounds fair :) - just wanted to ask if i could get it.

Is Snippers the guy to talk to about mcc as well?
P-koustrup
P-koustrup
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Sat 12 Jan - 11:42:07

Hi Koustrup,

@Map Uploading

In order to put maps on and run them you need three things:
- FTP to upload
- Ability to tweak config file to put the map into maplist
- Ability to restart server

As you can see FTP by itself isn't enough (I don't tweak the maplists via FTP theres an awesome program for doing it). By our design the only way to restart the server is to login via remote desktop and as per our security policy this won't be given to any non-admin. Sorry Koustrup but this has been our policy for years. If you would like a specific map uploaded I can make it happen you can always PM maps you would.

@MCC - This looks quite interesting and I will look more into it later (Probably post big arma game) as things are really busy right now. But it appears we would require every client to also have this installed meaning a fair bit of six updater reworking for a lot of people. Though I would like to try this out when I have more spare time (Post big arma game)

@aircraft map - There isnt one where you can do as both sides, but there are targets for bombing/AA defenses in the ones that are there they are called NwA something on Takistan and Lingor they were made by capitan!

Hope this helps!

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 12 Jan - 12:33:50

If your wanting to fight in the jets then I suggest TakistanV4 a bunch of us have been playing around on it the last few nights. If you want to go head to head with another player then make one slot as pilot and one as crewman, this way you cannot see a green box around him.. but can still see them on the map! unless you up the diff.

Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by P-koustrup Sat 12 Jan - 13:23:36

Thanks for the response snippers.

some clearfitcation.

@MCC is only needed for the admin. no one else needs it. (so the server, and the admin needs it) - he also needs to "log into" mcc, so only 1 player can be using it. so it is pretty much just a drop and play kinda mod. (it does take some getting use to do use it for making missions and such. but once you have tried it out a few times, it can really do some sweet stuff.

as for the FTP, it was a long shot :) but hey, if you dont ask, you never get anything int he world :)
P-koustrup
P-koustrup
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down