*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World In Conflict

+5
Infantry1242
Naytdawg
bJN.uk
Alchemist
leighbedwell
9 posters

Go down

World In Conflict Empty World In Conflict

Post by leighbedwell Tue 28 Jul - 16:41:59

So I downloaded this game, finally.
FAO Vandal - I agree the controls are a bit clunky, camera movement is a little fiddly but once you get used to it, it's not so bad, still feels a bit 'unnatural' I guess is the best word. But controls aside I'm really enjoying the campaign at the moment. i love the way you switch betyween soviet missions and US/NATO missions and the game as a whole is awesome. Especially the support artillery and airstrikes, never get tired of 'bringing down the rain':

Precision Artillery

Carpet Bombing

Napalm Strike

Fuel Bomb

Laser Guided Bunker Buster

Tactical Nuke

i recommend this game to any RTS fan. But its a push away from the traditional base building style/micro managment RTS. Much more fast paced with the focus on the frontline.
leighbedwell
leighbedwell

Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

World In Conflict Empty To all PR fans !

Post by Alchemist Mon 5 Jul - 14:51:49

Get yourself copy of World In Conflict patched to 1.10 from any source and apply this pill called BriscoeMod that will change your WIC in the similar way PR changes BF2, than join me and Lutefisk on hamachi in total domination on battlefield.
With this mode there is no more unit spam, you only got what you start with on the begining, unit damage is more realistic and all can be played 4 vs 4 with each team member covering certain role.

Mod page http://www.massgate.net/read.php?39454,141104

Patch 1.10 http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11236/World+in+Conflict+Retail+Patch+1.010+-+US
Alchemist
Alchemist
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

World In Conflict Empty Re: World In Conflict

Post by bJN.uk Mon 5 Jul - 16:12:03

I must admit when I played WiC I did love it, it was something that seemed classic yet completely new. The campaign certainly was well thought out, although I found it a little short for my liking, but never mind!
Haven't played the game since it came out though, don't know where the disks are either :(
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Mon 5 Jul - 16:49:39

this my logic in asking alc to post this, i havnt played it online but loved the camp, maybe i'll dig it out
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Infantry1242 Sun 1 Aug - 2:11:55

Very Awesome game,but the campaign drags on,so it gets boring after a good 10 minutes fending off "commies".But with mods like the "No Hope mod" or the "Modern Warfare/aka Fun mod",you will have great fun.

Infantry1242

Registration date : 2010-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Tue 10 Aug - 0:16:21

PM me if you wana play briscoe mod.
Alchemist
Alchemist
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidMiloBoom Tue 21 Dec - 12:44:53

Yeah I liked WiC for the campaign, never got hang of the multiplayer though. I thought the campaign was too short though, and I would have enjoyed jsut have skirmishes (Custom battles), but that was saved for mods.

Very good fun doing campaign but then I lost interest.
DavidMiloBoom
DavidMiloBoom
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by benjibb Mon 21 Feb - 1:58:15

i always thought WIC's multiplayer was its defining characteristic. The campaign was fun but the necessity for teamwork in multiplayer really made it appealling for me. Oh yeh and theres nothing like dropping 3 tactical nukes on someones head hehehe Razz

benjibb
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Mon 21 Feb - 9:33:39

i picked this up in the steam sale for a few quid, i've not really tried it yet. i'd be up for a bit of coop if anyone is game

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Mon 21 Feb - 10:29:25

Coop isn't that good because bots ai is on low level. Briscoe mod on the other hand limits amount of unit you can have on battlefield and makes game more tactical. Its almost like playing commander in PR and it give perspective on importance of good positioning, scouting, resources limitation and few other aspects of war. Maybe we can fix 2v2 between sl's as a part of advanced tactical training. Size of army used in briscoe is similar to that you get in PR but game resolves much faster due to lack of pr realism (presence of person in place of each unit;)
Alchemist
Alchemist
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Mon 21 Feb - 10:43:26

I remember playing it a long time ago (in computer terms anyway lol) and didn't much like it. Then again I'm not a very good commander that's why I play infantry, squad tactics are more my style Razz

Sounds very interesting about the briscore mod. What PR is to BF2? awesome I'll take a look in the next few days.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down