*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PR:Arma why dont we play it?

+7
Bullet2Hart
Bounty
kopite73
Jay Scott
Da-Fort
kerrermanisNL
P-koustrup
11 posters

Go down

PR:Arma why dont we play it? Empty PR:Arma why dont we play it?

Post by P-koustrup Tue 9 Oct - 18:11:09

Hey Guys.

Just spent the last 3 days on a Project reality Arma server, and its awesome :) - my only consern is that there is way to many retards Razz

soo,,, what about you guys stop playing PR:bf2 and start joining in on the real action in Arma :)

(when i say its awesome.. i mean that it was awesome in the weekend, when the other players had some kind of brain. monday and thuesday has been a nightmare, so many new guys, that dosent have a microphone, have no clue on how to act as a group.. and well, just graps the sniper, and finds a hill to lie there and look pretty... and dont get me started on the retards pilots...

but other than that, its great :)

i can only find one server, so iam mostly on rggprclan.com´s server: 5.9.60.49:2302 - if you know other servers that offer the PR format, please feel free to post them here :)
P-koustrup
P-koustrup
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-15

Back to top Go down

PR:Arma why dont we play it? Empty Re: PR:Arma why dont we play it?

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 9 Oct - 19:56:25

I played that PR in the beginning when it came out (bought arma for it) but it sucked so hard that I didnt dare going back.. Is it any better now then?
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Tue 9 Oct - 21:42:05

Please clarify why it was bad? I think you are just bitter because you had to put money down on it. I doubt there have been many changes except for server-side stuff. Maybe they are reluctant to make small updates because of the negative feedback they received. Can any one tell me if they are still developing the mod?

Actually I do not know what I am saying. What is the story behind Arma 2:PR? I have been giving it some thought and I would like to play some Arma 2:PR in the next 2 days.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Tue 9 Oct - 22:07:35

No not bitter because of that, Arma gave me ACE + ACRE best thing that ever happened to me (gaming wise)
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Tue 9 Oct - 23:04:23

Not for me this one.. atm my choice for slow paced gaming is @ PR/Dayz and when I fancy some brutal fast paced action you can find us @ cs:go..

- :)
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kopite73 Wed 10 Oct - 6:39:39

Hi Kou

ive never played it or tried it. so cant comment. if you would like to set some thin up speak to nizy or snippers they sort that out for us .
i would give it a go with you if ya need people to try it out .
kopite73
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Bounty Wed 10 Oct - 7:33:32

1) ArmA is just another payment I can't make.
2) It's a horrid, clunky engine. Just look at how people "walk", they stutter constantly before coming to a sudden halt and performing an animation for their action.
3) Bit of a resource hog, worried about whether I could actually support it so that I can play fluidly, but then again I'll never be able to (see point 2)
Bounty
Bounty
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullet2Hart Wed 10 Oct - 8:10:20

I have PR installed on ARMA never had the chance to play it though, and nobody in the clan plays it so playing with smurfs could be annoying...
Bullet2Hart
Bullet2Hart

Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Wed 10 Oct - 8:19:47

played it when it came out, didn't really like it.

it added a load of stuff to arma but the interface is just crap (mostly armas fault), most of the people were new to arma and had no clue. most stuff didn't just transfer from prbf2 like people expected. it had potential though, did they update at all?

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Quobbler Wed 10 Oct - 10:30:15

dont try to expect stuff from BF2 in Arma2. They try to add as much as they can, but its a completely different engine and so far a completely different game at all.

People who never played BF2:PR think that Arma2:PR is very awesome, so my cousin^^

They patched and updated a lots of stuff in the last time.
You just need a few guys, sitting in teamspeak or skype, and playing that game as a team.
Played it the last weeks with some German friends, and we were wasted after the rounds Wink

Its so much harder than BF2.

[But I will never leave BF2:PR, because the community is just awesome, in Arma2 you dont have nice teamwork yet, maybe because of missing player, that actually know how to play it, and give advises?]

Add owndanger on skype if you want to play a bit :)

See you guys!

Quobbler
Banned
Banned

Registration date : 2012-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Wed 10 Oct - 20:37:25

I've played a bit of the second beta release and it has improved. I think the main problem it suffers from is that PR players are not generally ArmA players and so aren't prepared for the whole extra level of teamwork it requires.

You also have to bear in mind that BSS have spent the better part of a decade perfecting PR:BF2. I expect great things to come in PR:ArmA.

I'd quite like to get us a server when they do an open release.
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Thu 11 Oct - 7:13:15

That is true. And that is also one of my major arguments (read: which I forgot). BF2: PR did have a very long time to get where it is now. It started out as a small mini-mod where the damage was set to really high.

Does any one remember the old Muttrah city map? In comparison it looks wretched to what it is now.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by P-koustrup Thu 11 Oct - 8:14:26

After having played some more rounds, can i really only find 1 problem. The player base Razz - there is way to many that is there because they bought Dayz, and sees the game as another COD.

BUT, I did something I normally don’t do, i made sure my voice came trough clear, looked over the map we were playing, and made some plans. - And then I made a INF squad. - And then the screening began :) - I know it has to have been boring for some of the players, but it worked out in the end.

--- STORY TIME Razz ---
I was standing at mainbase with the open squad, and my first command to anyone joining, was to come to me in the corner, and if they had a microphone, if they didn’t have a microphone, or was to hard to hear them, I would tell them to find another squad.

15 min later and i got 5 guys, all with mics, and with the discipline to stand attention, and wait for the rest of the squad to be ready. - Looks like we are ready, I give them orders to get kits.

We all walk to the Chinook, and on the way to the first area we need to secure, I ask if anyone is not sure on what to do, and I ask if they know where to go if they die (we had a fob pretty close) and all agreed.

Now the big test, i wanted to do a paradrop, 300 meters from the area we were to secure. I was the first to hit the ground, 2 min after, all is here, and I am surprised to see that they remembered their place in the line. 2 on my right and 3 on my left.

so we start walking towards the area, (it was the Ruins, I can’t remember what the map was called) we huddled up at the entrance, and we could hear voices inside, I decide to put 2 grenades in the tower, and get the rest of the sq to throw grenades inside the ruins, 1 guy stops, and tells me that he doesn’t know how to throw a grenade. YES, bonus, that he didn’t just try, because that would surely have gotten us all killed by friendly fire . After the grenades, we rush in. only to find 2 MG guys that completely destroys us.

Oh crap, time for the "this sucks, and so does my team leader, so now I quit the sq" but nope, all was at the FoB, ready to go for a 2th attack on the ruins. This time we had an idea of where the mg´s where, so we throw in a shitton of grenades before we slowly walk in. to find both mg´s down, and only 2 riflemen in the tower. We take them out, and secure the ruins.

We hold this for 5 min, and the game ends. With my team losing. At this time I had to go to bed, so I wasn’t there for the next battle.

My only regret was to get all of their names, so i can invite them for my next squad.

---END OF STORY TIME Razz ---

This was my tale from yesterday’s game. And it was awesome. If we now just can get a good commander, some more working inf squads, and a good pilot, this would be as awesome as BF2:Pr, only 200% better, because it is Arma :)

-disclaimer, I still suck at being a squadleader, but I loved the role, and if I can just get a nice team that doesn’t go abe s**t over my rules, I think I will do it some more :)

- Note, in the 30+min we played, did we not encounter a single glitch/problem or otherwise problematic with the PR mod.

- Note, The thing i think PR:Arma needs is some great squard leaders, that dont care if they lose a round, if they can use that time to train their squard to understand the game, and understand what to do :)

I have stuff to do this weekend, but i would love to try and get us organized and get into a game together :)

- The spelling errors is free on this one, long live having English as a 2th language

- Question – Is there a way to talk to other squad leaders without having use side channel/command channel, and in that way talk to everyone. – Something along the lines of what we have in mumble would be awesome
P-koustrup
P-koustrup
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 11 Oct - 9:21:21

I'd love to play it, as the mix of PR and ArmA 2 sounds awesome. I did play the first open Beta. Didint like it as it was pre major update of ArmA 2 engine. Im also not going to play it until they improve the coms.. ArmA 2 teamwork is complete fail with out an ACRE like radio system.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Thu 11 Oct - 10:13:44

If they did improve the teamwork I'm up for a game. That was my biggest problem at first (no teamwork at all) and as mentioned I played it pre update thingy which didn't help. Mind you I did get some great rounds or moments paying it though.
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Back to top Go down

Post by P-koustrup Thu 11 Oct - 11:04:30

"if they improve the teamwork" <- i supose that is us, the players responsibility. - ofcause the game needs to provide the necessary functions for this to be doable, right now the problem is the radios - there is only the ingame channels.

For acre to work, the server needs to have it installed right?

If only there was a way to mute different channels, depending if you are squardleader or not.

me -> heading over to the pr forums to ask how to adress this problem :)
P-koustrup
P-koustrup
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Wed 17 Oct - 19:19:19

Orford wrote:I'd love to play it, as the mix of PR and ArmA 2 sounds awesome. I did play the first open Beta. Didint like it as it was pre major update of ArmA 2 engine. Im also not going to play it until they improve the coms.. ArmA 2 teamwork is complete fail with out an ACRE like radio system.

Mmm, does need something like ACRE, but ArmA voip is better than BF2 voip. :D

P-koustrup wrote:For acre to work, the server needs to have it installed right?

Needs to be included in the mission. It's not going to happen though. The PR devs will likely work on their own system, but are not going to just included 3rd party mods.
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Thu 18 Oct - 0:17:55

I can understand why they would want their own communication system. Easier for them to work on and they would not have to wait on other people.
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down