*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for adjusting auto-balance

+4
Smurf_cfc
ukVandal
Stemplus
Partywanker
8 posters

Go down

Request for adjusting auto-balance Empty Request for adjusting auto-balance

Post by Partywanker Tue 15 May - 19:16:30

Just made a clan-request regarding smart balance, but i want to make a general request for all the players.
As for now the autobalance is quite strict. By that i mean that u get switched even if the difference in players on each side is marginal. I strongly believe that you will improve your server if u change autobalance to only switch when the difference is 3+ players or slightly more than now at least. The amount of players getting annoyed by this, is highest when the server is well populated. Sometimes your admins may want to higher the autobalance level, but this could rather be done by commands and keeping the default level lower than now. The problem with the current strictly setup is as follow:
- Hard to join and stay playing with your regulars/clanmates (without smart balance)
- Unwanted exposure to intel like caches, fobs and teampositions.
- Administration for admins with switching
- Chatspam
- Annoyance and more

Hope that you strongly consider this and even try it out for a test-periode since i strongly belive this will be an improvement.

Best regards
The Wanker

Partywanker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Request for adjusting auto-balance Empty Re: Request for adjusting auto-balance

Post by Stemplus Tue 15 May - 20:53:03

I am not an admin on any server, so I don't know anything about setting autobalance etc., but I can say that +3 autobalance is waaay too much. The max tolerable (for me) autobalance is +1 (so you can manualy switch when teams are 31v31). Smaller autobalance would be even more annoying and unbalanced that it is now (I am NOT saying it is unbalanced now).

Although i have to say that i was annoyed when there was no admin and I had to wait 2-3 hours (yeah) to switch to my friends on opposite team
Stemplus
Stemplus

Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Tue 15 May - 21:29:22

when the setting is set to a difference of 3 we have the problem of everybody switching to blufor all the time.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Partywanker Tue 15 May - 21:57:11

I said 3 because i hoped to end up at 2 which is 1 more than normal Wink
bargaining u know.
Anyway, i know there is downsides as switching to BLUFOR, but let them who insist be able. And in total i still strongly belive a slight more friendly autobalance will be an improvement.

Playing with slightly unbalanced numbered teams is more an excuse for a team performing badly than and proper fact. We all know that AFK`ers, retards and players experience makes out the real difference between. Anyway, with this popular server u will always have recently joined peeps joining the "unbalanced" side.

Plz discuss this a bit between u admins and hopefully try it out for a testperiode.

Partywanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Wed 16 May - 1:04:16

Hey wanker,

I'm baffled to what you mean tbh, your saying make it 3 meaning that teams can be 32 v 28? 90% of the time there is always an admin close by which can balance the team's out by either asking clans to switch or NwA memebrs(as we do constantly). Sorry if misunderstood the OP.

Wink
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Registration date : 2011-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Wed 16 May - 1:19:13

Correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure the autobalance is set at +/-2 anyway.
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Wed 16 May - 9:02:22

Delta our autobalance is set with a difference of 1 all the time.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Wed 16 May - 9:59:24

It should be set at 2

32 vs 30 is not a problem.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Wed 16 May - 15:12:38

It is for the admins who have to sort team balance and pubbers moaning its 32 v 30 to blu for. Then as soon as you even the teams another guy will take it upon himself to switch and yet again make it 32 v 30.

Its a no win situation and we have been doing this for many years, even befor PR. The best of this evil is to switch back any one who gets autobalanced and for the admin to be proactive and every now and again check to see if any one who is loading in needs to be switched before a problem happens.

The other way, +2 on auto balance, is even more of a pain in the arse for admins who give a crap and keep an eye on the players idle or loading in. As it adds the variable of some one switching themselevs so the teams are not only unbalanced in numbers but players free to move themselevs.

Think about it, it will just shift the problem still causing auto balance just players will be switched at 32v29 not at 31v30. same diffrence.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Wed 16 May - 15:39:59

Well me and Midge are the two admins that are mostly keeping the pubbers with there mates and keeping them on the side they were on. And i can tell you the way it is now we have to use the !switch command constantly.. i don't mind doing it i can do it easily and still SL my squad. But i personally think 32v30 instead of 31v31 would be better. "For admin's and players" But either way am not arsed i don't mind switching people all the time.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Partywanker Wed 16 May - 16:24:14

Great thx for the enthusiasm regarding the topic. Bear in mind that this is an issue when the server is usually not totally full and in those circumstances the server usually fills up with newcomers on the "unbalanced side". A difference in 31x29 will therefore only be very temporary.

Having said that I think we non-admins should back out of this, since it should be up to the admins to decide. They have the responsibility of admining during the gameflow and should take it all into account. This suggestion is of course with both pros and cons (as with most changes).

What I would have done is just to test it for like a month to get the feel of the change and then decide based on the total impression since it may affect so many aspects. But again it aint up to me.

Partywanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down