*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullet deviation

+4
deadly22sniper
ukVandal
Bang2Rights
FullClipp
8 posters

Go down

Bullet deviation Empty Bullet deviation

Post by FullClipp Thu 25 Jun - 10:04:49

Great video i found about bullet deviation in PR. I swear by this now and it has made a big difference to my hit ratio meaning i will outgun and kill someone even if they shoot first (as long as i see where they are!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZ1rUFZF5E
FullClipp
FullClipp

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Bullet deviation Empty Re: Bullet deviation

Post by Bang2Rights Thu 25 Jun - 10:43:52

FullClipp wrote:Great video i found about bullet deviation in PR. I swear by this now and it has made a big difference to my hit ratio meaning i will outgun and kill someone even if they shoot first (as long as i see where they are!)

Sounds good will take a look later, my works got a block on all streaming sites the spoil sports! I've seen vids before that talk about the bullet cone. It says that when you first bring your weapon to bear the width the bullets stray off target is wider. The longer you wait to fire the width decreases until its spot on. What I try to do is start firing and continue as the cone narrows onto the target. This means the enemies vision should be fuzzy as rounds zip around him, making it harder to hit me. If my vision is fuzzy from the same effect, I make sure I'm putting rounds into my last sighting of him. Usually works well.

Bang2Rights

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Thu 25 Jun - 11:52:22

The problem with firing straight away, I have found from my own observations and had confirmed by the tutorial clip posted, is every shot u fire makes the cone larger. Well spaced shots will prevail over ratatatat. I have always used a 3 second rule, but will leave much longer if circumstances allow, before actually opening fire.

This is a very usefull video to newbies and anyone else who hasn't taken the time to read the manual.

*edit*
New patch has increased the time needed to allow minimum deviation. Bear this in mind when allowing your rifle to settle.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FullClipp Thu 25 Jun - 11:55:37

yep thats right, you need to settle for a couple of secs (crouch is best for quick firing) and then squeeze off individual shots with settling time inbetween to improve the accuracy

i think the better your position (crouched or prone) the faster the cone decreases and the less it expands when firing which would make sense :)
FullClipp
FullClipp

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Thu 25 Jun - 11:57:50

*nods in agreement*

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang2Rights Thu 25 Jun - 11:58:15

FullClipp wrote:yep thats right, you need to settle for a couple of secs (crouch is best for quick firing) and then squeeze off individual shots with settling time inbetween to improve the accuracy

i think the better your position (crouched or prone) the faster the cone decreases and the less it expands when firing which would make sense :)

I'd forgotten about the cone growing larger. I can only think that the time I'd taken to line up my scope was enough to stable the cone, on the times I was hitting... ...Ah so much to learn!

Bang2Rights

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Thu 25 Jun - 12:48:23

Nice vid. Was impressed by the standing 250m shooting. I do three position shooting and can hit roughly a 3 inch target at 25 yards, which approximtes to a 3 foot target at 250m, and that's with all my shooting gubbins and a very long setup time. It did take him 9 shots though. Neutral
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 25 Jun - 17:45:48

I was with a squad last night and i told the sl that i would go scout. I went ahead of to an angle of the enemy fire. The map was the one with the heavy forest so having a settled gun was very important. We was working with another squad who happend to be in the TS of my sl. This worked very well. I went round the flanks as the other squad fired over the enemy. My squad was laydown scoped up guns settled waiting for the ememy and not firing. Cos i was flanking and coming right up behind the pinned down enemy i talked on the attack marker bang ontop of the enemy only 30mtr in front of me. In a well controlled move my sl told the other sl to stop firing the enemy stood up and started to advance towards the fire that had now stopped. I fired 2 shots at the MG guy and took him out causing the rest of the ememy squad to turn round and shoot at me. This was the signal for the rest of the squad i was in to open fire and within about 5 shots each the hole enemy squad was wiped out. looking the wrong way at me in full view of my squad mates with settled scoped guns. I got revived and we carried on. At the end of the round the squad i was in had a 3-1 K/D and had pushed the ememy back to the river crossing where it was easy to pick them off. Comunication is deff the key to PR. no matter how good a squad is 1 squad working well is just the same as a lone wolf not much use.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Thu 25 Jun - 19:15:22

Yeah, I was on that game. My squad spent most of it's time avoiding the enemy (which we did pretty well), and then got pinned down at the very end at the temple. Doesn't sound as good as how it went for you. :D
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad-Mike Thu 25 Jun - 21:26:37

FullClipp wrote:Great video i found about bullet deviation in PR. I swear by this now and it has made a big difference to my hit ratio meaning i will outgun and kill someone even if they shoot first (as long as i see where they are!)

Very useful vid,
i already knew this though, some german fella who introduced me to PR which was 0.5 version of pr then, told me that.
Mad-Mike
Mad-Mike

Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang2Rights Fri 26 Jun - 9:17:24

Orford wrote:I was with a squad last night and i told the sl that i would go scout. I went ahead of to an angle of the enemy fire. The map was the one with the heavy forest so having a settled gun was very important. We was working with another squad who happend to be in the TS of my sl. This worked very well. I went round the flanks as the other squad fired over the enemy. My squad was laydown scoped up guns settled waiting for the ememy and not firing. Cos i was flanking and coming right up behind the pinned down enemy i talked on the attack marker bang ontop of the enemy only 30mtr in front of me. In a well controlled move my sl told the other sl to stop firing the enemy stood up and started to advance towards the fire that had now stopped. I fired 2 shots at the MG guy and took him out causing the rest of the ememy squad to turn round and shoot at me. This was the signal for the rest of the squad i was in to open fire and within about 5 shots each the hole enemy squad was wiped out. looking the wrong way at me in full view of my squad mates with settled scoped guns. I got revived and we carried on. At the end of the round the squad i was in had a 3-1 K/D and had pushed the ememy back to the river crossing where it was easy to pick them off. Comunication is deff the key to PR. no matter how good a squad is 1 squad working well is just the same as a lone wolf not much use.

I think you know when its going well because you become aware of the tempo of the game. IT's as true in PR as on a real battlefield, communication and tempo are the key. Get bogged down and static and you give the enemy an opportunity to move on you. Keep on firing and manouvering through good coms and drills and you own it! Sounds good Orford, would of love to of been there!

Bang2Rights

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Fri 26 Jun - 20:01:33

Very ture as im sure you speak from RW experiance.

Good thing about PR is that happens more often than not.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by devilhawk Fri 26 Jun - 21:11:51

for people that dont get along with the grenadier, very good ! :]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv2ZSi0VrZU&feature=related

devilhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Sat 27 Jun - 17:03:43

I love that kit. 180mtrs through a window killing 2 ppl inside covering a bridge we wanted to get over. SUCK MY NADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit3d_Kill3r Sun 20 Jun - 18:33:24

The video's down.

My top tip for bullet deviation with a sniper is

1. Stay "still" for 8 seconds after scoping in. (This means W,A,S,D. Not Mouse.)
2. a. Fire directly where you want to hit them if they're not moving and under 600m away.
b. If they are over 600m and/or running, adjust your reticule to SLIGHTLY above their head but quite a bit in the direction they are running, practise will make this perfect.
3. After shooting hold mouse click for a second to confirm where the bullet landed and if you need to re-fire/adjust.
4. Release mouse, bolt action will kick in, wait 4 seconds. Fire.

and most of all, KEEP CALM AND CONTENT. If you feel the pressure at all don't fire and move further away.

I may make a full tut later on. :) Depends if I get bored enough. XD
Unit3d_Kill3r
Unit3d_Kill3r

Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down