*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RYBYX -HOME01-

+3
Mr.Arked
Loller
Sincoza
7 posters

Go down

RYBYX -HOME01- Empty RYBYX -HOME01-

Post by Sincoza Tue 24 Apr - 19:37:22

Offensive squad name, "Jew slayers" he was playing as MEC agaisnt the IDF and Arked pointed this out to me. Also he was stealing a tank. http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123100774-3.jpg
Sincoza
Sincoza

Registration date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

RYBYX -HOME01- Empty Re: RYBYX -HOME01-

Post by Loller Tue 24 Apr - 21:39:36

Despite this he did RTB and renamed squad after he was asked to do so.

Loller

Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Arked Tue 24 Apr - 23:19:02

Loller wrote:Despite this he did RTB and renamed squad after he was asked to do so.

tru dat
Mr.Arked
Mr.Arked

Registration date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r xXx Wed 25 Apr - 0:45:54

Is this really an offensive name? I've seen names like "Jewfantry" or "Greedy Jews" (when playing as IDF) and noone said anything. "Jew" isn't a racist word (...right?). Does really adding the word "slayers" make it offensive?
Looks like silly MEC overzealousness to me.
Hunt3r xXx
Hunt3r xXx
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by MIDGET Wed 25 Apr - 1:56:15

‎ Ḥamās, "enthusiasm", an acronym of حركة المقاومة الاسلامية Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamah al-ʾIslāmiyyah, "Islamic Resistance Movement")

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF; Hebrew: צְבָא הַהֲגָנָה לְיִשְׂרָאֵל‎‎ Tzva Hahagana LeYisra'el (help·info), lit. "Defensive Army for Israel"; Arabic: جيش الدفاع الإسرائيلي, Jaish Al-Difaa Al-Isra'ili‎), commonly known in Israel by the Hebrew acronym Tzahal (צה"ל), are the military forces of the State of Israel. They consist of the ground forces, air force and navy.

where anywhere does there NAMES say JEWS

it shows religious hatred which is not welcome on our servers anyone in-sighting this religious hatred will swiftly be dealt with swiftly

MIDGET

Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r xXx Wed 25 Apr - 11:00:07

Wikipedia wrote:According to The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition (2000):
It is widely recognized that the attributive use of the noun Jew, in phrases such as Jew lawyer or Jew ethics, is both vulgar and highly offensive. In such contexts Jewish is the only acceptable possibility. Some people, however, have become so wary of this construction that they have extended the stigma to any use of Jew as a noun, a practice that carries risks of its own. In a sentence such as There are now several Jews on the council, which is unobjectionable, the substitution of a circumlocution like Jewish people or persons of Jewish background may in itself cause offense for seeming to imply that Jew has a negative connotation when used as a noun.[13]

Looks like you're right, Midget. I withdraw my claim.

Hunt3r xXx
Hunt3r xXx
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Wed 25 Apr - 12:10:34

MIDGET wrote:‎ Ḥamās, "enthusiasm", an acronym of حركة المقاومة الاسلامية Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamah al-ʾIslāmiyyah, "Islamic Resistance Movement")

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF; Hebrew: צְבָא הַהֲגָנָה לְיִשְׂרָאֵל‎‎ Tzva Hahagana LeYisra'el (help·info), lit. "Defensive Army for Israel"; Arabic: جيش الدفاع الإسرائيلي, Jaish Al-Difaa Al-Isra'ili‎), commonly known in Israel by the Hebrew acronym Tzahal (צה"ל), are the military forces of the State of Israel. They consist of the ground forces, air force and navy.

where anywhere does there NAMES say JEWS

it shows religious hatred which is not welcome on our servers anyone in-sighting this religious hatred will swiftly be dealt with swiftly

True 'dat

I'm not Jewish but I seem to get really irritated when people make fun of it :( I think childish squad names like that aren't needed, only squad names you need as Infantry is Mumble Inf, VoIP Inf or Mech Inf... or something
Fuggut
Fuggut

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Wed 25 Apr - 12:13:01

Thanks for the report, we will keep a eye on them.

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum