*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAO Sincoza

+6
Orford
Delta
Sincoza
ExeTick
TheShaydeeOne
smiley.PR
10 posters

Go down

FAO Sincoza Empty FAO Sincoza

Post by smiley.PR Wed 28 Mar - 19:26:49

Today on korengal I was told by your good self that firing the crow from the US main was not allowed. I cannot see this anywhere on your rule set so perhaps you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of where this is a rule. If indeed this rule does not exist perhaps in future you might check your own rules before you start warning people, if this rule does exist and I missed it then rest assured it will never happen again.
In all the years I have been playing PR I have never fired from main, however on Korengal I believe it's essential for the US to be able to deploy the crows from main to give the team any kind of ranged support, on this and this map only do I support this. You also said that we could fire at the people on your team who were firing into US main and only them, which I believe is not allowed. at least I think it was you as other people started joining in the discussion so I'm not sure.
There seems to be some muddy areas regarding the clan/server ruleset and some clarification would be appreciated.
Just for the record I killed only 3 guys in the crow before I moved it to avoid yet another pointless argument.

Regards

Smiley.
smiley.PR
smiley.PR

Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

FAO Sincoza Empty Re: FAO Sincoza

Post by TheShaydeeOne Wed 28 Mar - 19:32:16

As you have said this rule does not exist in the rules section and I will advise our admin team of it (this thread being here probably has already) but I think common sense would denote that firing from somewhere people aren't allowed to shoot back at is a bit unfair, as per the server rule where insurgents shooting into Bluefor main is no longer allowed.

Last edited by TheShaydeeOne on Wed 28 Mar - 19:34:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar spelling. I missed a word :o)
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ExeTick Wed 28 Mar - 19:38:16

it goes under base rape is not allowed.

if no one is allowed to fire into main no one is allowed to fire out of it.

but it should say somewhere that your not allowed to fire from main.

ExeTick

Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sincoza Wed 28 Mar - 19:44:35

As Exetick has pointed out, "if no one is allowed to fire into main no one is allowed to fire out of it."

"You also said that we could fire at the people on your team who were firing into US main and only them" Not sure as to why I said this, as you have correctly pointed out, its against the rules.

Surely you can understand that me and ktmwheelie were the only *NwA* members on at that time, and neither of us have any admin rights at all. I was fed up with being asked to switch people to the opposite teams, or warn people etc etc..

Sincoza
Sincoza
Sincoza

Registration date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Wed 28 Mar - 19:57:54

Hi smiley, the rule was changed recently (last couple of months) with much advertising on the server that it had been changed. I believe the server rules should read: IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO FIRE INTO/OUT OF MAIN BASES AT ALL IN INSURGENCY MODE. rather than IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO ATTACK MAIN BASES AT ALL IN INSURGENCY MODE. which is what it currently is, however, common sense denotes that if the enemy can't shoot in you cannot shoot out.

However, I ask that in the future that you respect our members and abide by what they tell you, they generally know the rules, and I am sorry if they get it wrong, we are at the end of the day only human. If you do think that something is being enforced and it isn't a rule, then please do come to the forums with a POLITE and CONSTRUCTIVE post, maybe in the form of enquiring, rather than your current post which is rather impolite, accusational and frankly not constructive at all. We have tried our hardest to ensure that there are no muddy areas with our rules, however, sometimes mistakes do happen. As sincoza has said, there is not a lot he can/could do as a member, but I would ask you to accept and respect what he or any other clan member tells you in regards to rules. If you have a problem then ask for an admin, if one isn't available then just accpet the members decision, it may not be right, but ITS A GAME we are ALL playing it for fun not cos we enjoy being asked to do this, clarify that, whined to about so and so who stole my 5N1P3R K!T.

If you would like to discuss any of your (or my) points with the admin team I would be willing to talk to you about them, other than that in the future if you think that a rule is unfair or should be changed then you are more than welcome to create a post about it rather than a rant.
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Wed 28 Mar - 19:59:36

Korengal was removed from the map list forn this reason. It add confusion to the base rape rule. Korengal is proberbly the only map where it is intended for the INs to attack and the US to defend the main. Due to INS players abusing this and spending the hole round main raping and not allowing spawning players to get out of main and enjoy a game.

Also on Falujha the APC`s were accused of using main base as cover when attacking caches close to main, as bomb cars and Gary cannot get close due to dome of death. Again rules and game mechanics being abused.

It was decided with in the clan and along with some opinions from the PR forum to stop the main attack on this map and all other maps. Due to it being abused and spoiling the game play experiance for ALL PLAYERS.

It is covered in the no main rape rule and as always unless the flag is in play on AAS maps.

The needs of the many out weighed the needs to spoil other peoples game for the thrill of the kill. We even had pubbers gloating that no one got out of main all round etc etc etc.

I hope you understand why we have this rule and thank you for coming here and expressing your opinion.

Rule being debated.

IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO ATTACK MAIN BASES AT ALL IN INSURGENCY MODE.
Firing into main bases is now no longer permitted. Camping of helicopters as they land/take off is classed as main rape and will be dealt with accordingly. Using main base as unfair cover from counter attack due to dome of death is no longer permitted.

EDIT: Thanks Delta I will make this rule clearer.

Amended to for clarifacation.

IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO FIRE INTO/OUT OF MAIN BASES AT ALL IN INSURGENCY MODE.

Firing into or out of main bases is now no longer permitted. Camping of helicopters as they land/take off is classed as main rape and will be dealt with accordingly.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley.PR Wed 28 Mar - 20:48:08

Thank you all for replying, just a few misconceptions I would like to clear up. Delta I think that you're being a little unfair saying my initial post was a rant, I believe it was both articulate, polite and enquiring and hardly a rant. Also as Sincoza can testify to, upon being told I couldn't fire out of main I immediately moved from main so your point about me not doing what members asked is moot. I was not rude and I did not question Sincoza once he said it was not allowed.This can all be verified via the chat logs.My initial post was as I said just for some clarification which I have speedily received so thanks for that.

Sincoza as I previously stated, I understand your desire as a member to just be able to play hence me complying with your request and allowing the game to proceed without further interruption which I hope you can appreciate.

Orford, hello mate and yes I understand about taking this map out of rotation and I completely get the part about main base attack just wanted to clear it up.

Exetick and Shaydee Once again I understand fully and fortunately I am blessed with buckets of common sense hence me not questioning the ingame request it was just my understanding that the forum was the place to get the facts which is why I created the thread rather than discuss it in global ingame.

I would just like to end by saying that those of you who know me as a player know that I always play the game the right way, never argue with members or admins as it's your house and your rules which is fine by me. I apologise if any of my initial post was misconstrued and taken as me being angry, this was not my intention nor was I annoyed in any way about being told I couldn't do something, that was just my writing style, I'm too old for that and way past the point of getting angry at authority.

Regards

Smiley.
smiley.PR
smiley.PR

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Wed 28 Mar - 20:56:11

In which case smiley, I am sorry, I misread your original post; I thought this took place over a longer period time and that you were debating the rule (as a lot of people come here and do). Also I appologise if you did stop straight away, a lot of the time people ignore what the members say. I would say that the ending seemed rather rantish, but i guess we all have to finish on a point. Maybe I'm just tired and irritable myself

[img]https://2img.net/u/2713/14/15/10/smiles/666915.gif[/img]
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley.PR Wed 28 Mar - 21:15:48

Delta wrote:In which case smiley, I am sorry, I misread your original post; I thought this took place over a longer period time and that you were debating the rule (as a lot of people come here and do). Also I appologise if you did stop straight away, a lot of the time people ignore what the members say. I would say that the ending seemed rather rantish, but i guess we all have to finish on a point. Maybe I'm just tired and irritable myself

FAO Sincoza 666915

No problem at all mate, I appreciate your reply and your candour, I think that I more than most people understand how stressful administrating a popular server can be from my years at UKWF so no hard feelings at all.
I realise that my writing style can at times seem a little confrontational but I'm working on that and hope to do better in the future :D It's a throwback from years of working on building sites where you had to be direct to get anything done.
All in all I am now in possession of all the information I needed so once again thanks to all for your swift replies.

Smiley.
smiley.PR
smiley.PR

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Wed 28 Mar - 23:02:28

Can I put forth the suggestion of not letting Smiley or his squad members using C4 in Insurgency XD Damn you smiley! killed me 50 times through walls with C4 on that Fallujah map haha :D

P.S: can we also reset the top 10 players leaderboard on the website homepage, I wanna be number 1 again like I used to be when I spammed FOB's XD I didn't cheat to win that Reserved slot haha :D
Fuggut
Fuggut

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by MIDGET Thu 29 Mar - 1:18:57

smiley makes a good point PLEASE can this be stated on scrolling rules

MIDGET

Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley.PR Thu 29 Mar - 7:57:33

Fuggut wrote:Can I put forth the suggestion of not letting Smiley or his squad members using C4 in Insurgency XD Damn you smiley! killed me 50 times through walls with C4 on that Fallujah map haha :D

Haha that round of Fallujah two days ago was one of the best insurgency rounds I've ever played. My squad got all seven caches something I have never seen in my years of playing PR. The last cache we roped up through the skylight of the apartment building then threw the rope to the next roof and jumped on it, went through the skylight and straight onto the cache. I just wish there is a BR file of it I would love to see that again.

@ Scotty yes mate he was indeed a genius and it was a sad day for me when he died. He was my hero when I was a young man and such a shame that someone that made so much sense to me had to die so young.

This song by the band Tool about him really sums it up.

Smiley.
smiley.PR
smiley.PR

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 29 Mar - 9:06:40

Smiley on the home page there are two small thin server banners in a box titled Demo Files. Click the banner for the server you want the Demo (BR) file from. this will take you to the Demo file download page. Select the file by date and time the round ended. All times are European as the server is hosted in Germany.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley.PR Thu 29 Mar - 10:03:41

Orford wrote:Smiley on the home page there are two small thin server banners in a box titled Demo Files. Click the banner for the server you want the Demo (BR) file from. this will take you to the Demo file download page. Select the file by date and time the round ended. All times are European as the server is hosted in Germany.

Think I got it, cheers mate.
smiley.PR
smiley.PR

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 29 Mar - 12:27:41

Were the F did my post go ?

Somebody messing wit my brain or am tripping or going blind! 1 of the 3 anywho's .. Suspect
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Thu 29 Mar - 13:41:17

ghosts in the machine scotty, yesterday everyones side sig said they were orford wtf

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum