*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IDEA: Civi Mumble

+11
bottar1
Jay Scott
Zer0
Hunt3r xXx
Orford
Voodoo
speedhound1-WYD-
MIDGET
Smurf_cfc
H.sta
slorg25
15 posters

Go down

IDEA: Civi Mumble Empty IDEA: Civi Mumble

Post by slorg25 Wed 15 Feb - 22:58:23

Was recently playing on Falluja West, messing around with the civi, jumping on APCs, stoning snipers and what not. I was talking with viper and we came up with the idea of Civi Mumble.

So, basically, civis would be able to talk to and hear both teams on local chat. This means civis would be able to talk to the enemy, and perhaps work with them, advising them on mines and what not, then the enemy would have to decide whether to trust the civi or not. Civis could also spy on the enemy by listening to their conversations and then report back to the insurgency. Perhaps, to keep it balance, civis would not be able to talk with squad leaders or squad members via radio, or perhaps they can only talk to other civis via radio chat.

Just an idea that could perhaps be developed, would be interesting I think. Would make civis slightly more useful and also slightly more realistic.
slorg25
slorg25

Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

IDEA: Civi Mumble Empty Re: IDEA: Civi Mumble

Post by H.sta Wed 15 Feb - 23:17:46

This is more suited for the PR forum mate, nothing anyone here can do about it
H.sta
H.sta

Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by slorg25 Wed 15 Feb - 23:19:42

But then I have to make a PR forum account
slorg25
slorg25

Back to top Go down

Post by H.sta Wed 15 Feb - 23:33:49

Wouldn't matter anyway, this would not be implemented. both is it a disaster to keep track of, but would also be quite impossible to implement into mumbles coding.

allthough a good suggestion, it has so many potential problems that it would never happen. sorry to say
H.sta
H.sta

Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf_cfc Thu 16 Feb - 0:14:26

i like. instead of killing the civi when u arrest him mumble can "unlink" his mic so everybody could hear him etc................etc i see where this can go but i just dont see how this could be implemented into to mumble as H.sta pointed out..

p.s i remember, it was sooooo hard to make an account on pr forums Wink
Smurf_cfc
Smurf_cfc

Registration date : 2011-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by MIDGET Thu 16 Feb - 0:19:24

pluss this wouldnt work as as soon as you relay information like that thr rules of engagement state that if you can confirm some one is talking (dicking) about blufor positions and movements they can be shot on sight for helping the insurgency there would be no way the game could tell this so would not be viable

cheers
Midget

MIDGET

Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Thu 16 Feb - 0:30:21

sorry but apart from anything its not that realistic, western armed forces go to massive lengths to employ and train people to fluent multilingualism, some spotter in Iraq working for the insurgency, or most people working for the Taliban for that matter, would have real trouble understanding colloquial English/American English let alone military speak or other European languages.

but as stated i doubt you could ever allocate separate comms channels in mumble to tie to kit selection anyway.

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoo Thu 16 Feb - 0:36:41

What H said. Plus.. what's to stop the Civi hearing it and putting it in team chat anyway - the downside of using your mumble gets ruled out.

Good idea though, I'd definitely like it implemented, but coding to the extent of selecting certain kits and placing them in a seperate channel may be a bit out of reach unfortunately mate :(

And what speed said. I don't think they're gonna buy it when I put on my best call center voice and tell them that "Them men in headscarves have planted some boomy boomys under the big upside down U shapes, don't sent your brum brums or big pew pews down there".
Voodoo
Voodoo
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 16 Feb - 1:52:23

Come guys, Slorg is a bit tounge in cheak. I remember we was the only server with 1 channel mumble back in the day. There was nothing better than goading the other team when they go caught in an ambush and we could tell them how shite they are on mumble. A little imature but was a s**t load of giggles.

2 channel mumble is the way forward but 1 channel was more giggles/

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r xXx Thu 16 Feb - 7:17:37

First, they're not just civilians, they're collaborators. They're there to help the insurgency, not the enemy.

On another note, 1 mumble channel is epic, if the NwA admins have some control on how mumble links the players to the NwA channels we should have a friday-night-1-mumble-channel event or something once every while. It would be awesome.
Hunt3r xXx
Hunt3r xXx
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Zer0 Thu 16 Feb - 7:49:14

Hunt3r xXx wrote:On another note, 1 mumble channel is epic, if the NwA admins have some control on how mumble links the players to the NwA channels we should have a friday-night-1-mumble-channel event or something once every while. It would be awesome.
the one channel mumble event would be IDEA: Civi Mumble RandyMarshJizz
Zer0
Zer0
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MIDGET Thu 16 Feb - 9:39:37

this one channel mumble could only be done on .5 beta as that way mumble wont be an issue switching people

MIDGET

Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by slorg25 Thu 16 Feb - 10:05:57

Yeh it was just a funny idea, its not like it was actually gonna happen. I just always liked the idea of civis walking up to enemy infantry, or APCs, as they do and then taunt them over mumble :)
slorg25
slorg25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 16 Feb - 11:55:28

It would certainly add something new to PR.. something i need right now!!!

Roll on March.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bottar1 Thu 16 Feb - 11:58:42

Good idea but can't be implemented. I'd like to see a 1 channel mumble too that would be cool. for an event or something.

bottar1

Registration date : 2012-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 16 Feb - 12:08:24

Well you have Squad mumble so would it not be possible for the enemy to hear you on Local only ? i like it the way it is atm tho if am honest! I just cant wait for the new maps/factions

And PR:Vnam rrr yer!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Thu 16 Feb - 18:23:14

This would not go down well if a civi was giving blufor cache locations.

A simpler way to introduce a one channel type system would be to add a second 'local' key which would global and not side locked. I believe ARMA has such a system.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bounty Thu 16 Feb - 19:32:31

In terms of gameplay, civilians are fundamentally part of the insurgent team... no PR player would help the enemy.

I also can't really back Orfords arguement for two channels, yes one had more giggle value, but comms discipline was ever more important, you could hear the enemy, track them, avoid them, now mumble is just a spam fest for information with as little value as "I farted!"
Bounty
Bounty
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by slorg25 Thu 16 Feb - 21:55:19

WOH WOH WOH! You be dissin mumble? Get out...
slorg25
slorg25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Thu 16 Feb - 21:57:34

People who fart on mumble should throw themself away.

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Bounty Thu 16 Feb - 23:42:03

I don't hate mumble, I hate two channel mumble, with two channels..."Well them baddy guys dun can't hear me, so I'm ah gonna say everything on my mind hyuk"
Bounty
Bounty
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by slorg25 Fri 17 Feb - 0:31:33

I agree, kiss me
slorg25
slorg25