*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice over IP

5 posters

Go down

Voice over IP Empty Voice over IP

Post by DodgeThis_NL Sun 19 Jun - 11:12:19

Hey guys,

I just got my new pc, quite an awesome machine. I just have one major problem. When i enable voice over IP in project reality, and press apply and back, it gets disabled straight away. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

DodgeThis_NL

Registration date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Voice over IP Empty Re: Voice over IP

Post by Tarranauha200 Sun 19 Jun - 11:49:25

You have mic plugged in and your computer also detects is?
If you reinstalled bf2, are you sure that you installed also VoIP, theres box you must click to install VoIP.

Tarranauha200

Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Sun 19 Jun - 12:11:14

Im assuming you are in windows 7? Run EVERYTHING as admin. Otherwise it can't save settings i think

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Sun 19 Jun - 12:24:02

I never get why the first response to people always is "Run as Administrator". If you are the only [or main] user/account of the computer (which with a gaming computer is fairly standard I reckon?) you already -are- an administrator unless you change an advanced option during the installation of Windows, which doesn't seem likely Razz

What Tarra said is right though. You need to install VOIP separately from BF2.

There is a file called 'BF2VoiceSetup.exe' that is located in your main/default 'program files/ea games/battlefield 2' folder. If you run that you install it again should you have cancelled it during the installation of BF2.

VOIP will also not work if there is no microphone detected when the game is launched (as Tarra also said). So make sure it is on and found.
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Sun 19 Jun - 12:52:13

Have your computer registered that you have a mic inserted?
Is it a jack plug thingy or USB headset?

Even though you are the only one using the computer you still have to set it to Run as Admin when using any platform of win7, I run win7 64bit and I still have to do it, don't know why it is like that but think that generally anything thats not certified for win7 needs to be run as admin.
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Sun 19 Jun - 13:01:28

I use windows 7 (and windows vista) and everything I do is ran as administrator automatically when I double-click on a shortcut or icon or whatever. I also never have had any issues before with programs unable to operate to their full extend due to them not specifically being 'ran as administrator'. Hence my confusion when people always say things aren't ran as admin o.O

Anyway, I forgot to add that if you need to see if your computer recognizes the microphone and that it isn't muted, you need to fiddle around in the 'sound mixer' thingy.
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgeThis_NL Sun 19 Jun - 13:09:51

Hey guys, guess what... I already tried all the suggestions above before posting my first post and nothing worked. so i posted my question, decided to give up, and had some lunch. I came back, started PR without any hopes VOIP would work and with the understanding i have to live with PR w/o voip, it miraculously worked T.T
So if you ever have problems with your voip, just have some lunch and it will be ok. Thanks for the help anyway everyone, and cya (and hear ya ofc) in game!

DodgeThis_NL

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Sun 19 Jun - 15:09:20

Yes...restarting PR solves everything.

Tarranauha200

Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgeThis_NL Sun 19 Jun - 15:25:48

i restarted it several times, reinstalled, and what not... i have been trying for 2 days. seriously... i wouldnt post here if i didnt try everything that i, or the internet, could think of... its solved, im thankfull of all the help you guys offered me. So dont be like that please.

DodgeThis_NL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum