*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mumble as a requirement!

+3
ivandobsky
Vincent
Lt.brad
7 posters

Go down

Mumble as a requirement! Empty Mumble as a requirement!

Post by Lt.brad Wed 2 Mar - 9:05:16

Hi guys,

Again good game last night (credits to Selemeister for spotting Wink) but the thing I hate is that when I need someone, and that someone passes me at that moment but isn't in my squad, I want to discuss the position our at that moment, talk to him about the local intel on the map or ask for something what I need at that moment (support/medic/ammo/warnings/etc.)

Why not make Mumble a requirement to play on the server or is it already?
I don't think the server would be any less populated if it would be required and teamwork will only benefit from it so that whole experience is going to be better!

Lt.brad
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Mumble as a requirement! Empty Re: Mumble as a requirement!

Post by Vincent Wed 2 Mar - 9:17:39

Well I agree with you its more fun when everyone is on mumble. But we cant force players to go on mumble. The reason for this is that it is impossible to admin. The admins gotta to check mumble every time a new player joins. Although it would be possible if the pr devs made a fix for this like squad join, if you dont join mumble in a fixed time you get kicked.

Cheers, Vince

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ivandobsky Wed 2 Mar - 9:40:42

Brad this is the 11th thread about mumble here! We all agree that the mumble situation could be better. However, we are limited as to what we can do with the present set-up.
As Vincent says until the devs and/or mumble team come up with some more options for us, we are going to keep things pretty much as they are....
ivandobsky
ivandobsky

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Wed 2 Mar - 10:54:52

I think its a big problem overall, yes I know its a pain in the arse when you need someone and you havent got comms but thats just the way things are, as everyone else has said this has come up time and time again, there would be benefits but also problems. Furthermore, some people are not on mumble not because they don't want to or cba to download it, some people physically cannot get onto mumble, myself is an example of that, as when I am in my University Halls the Mumble ip/port is blocked and therefore I cannot physically get on without running up huge bills using up my phone's monthly quota (I can use it as a wifi hotspot), however, when at home I use mumble all the time and don't play without it. Implementing a system to enforce mumble would have vastly negative effects on the number of people and quality of people joining the server, yes we would probably get a higher class of player on the server, however, this would come at the cost of 1 people seeding the server, and 2 filling the server.
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ivandobsky Wed 2 Mar - 17:21:29

Jay, there were rumours of a new mumble to be released this Jan, but it's a no show so far.....Maybe we won't have long to wait?
ivandobsky
ivandobsky

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Daze Wed 2 Mar - 17:22:57

thought we already covered this many many times before

Last edited by Daze on Wed 2 Mar - 18:24:22; edited 1 time in total
Daze
Daze
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Wed 2 Mar - 17:40:59

Daze wrote:thought we already covered this many mnay times before

yes we have...
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Wed 2 Mar - 18:21:23

Brad is new to our community and is simply airing his oppinion.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down