*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Intel] Mortars

+5
ukVandal
MasterG
Fuggut
Orford
Snippers
9 posters

Go down

[Intel] Mortars Empty [Intel] Mortars

Post by Snippers Fri 5 Nov - 7:35:02

Yesterday Vandal, Mick, Ivan and myself made some interesting discoveries about the mortars, here is what you need to know

Flight Time: 20 seconds Maximum
Precision: +- 30metres from centre point, this means if you fire a mortar on the exact same spot again, the round could potentially go as far as 60m in the opposite direction.

PRX/Airburst does not require height adjustment it will automatically detonate 10-20m above the ground.

Posting this before anyone forgets.

Last edited by Sniperhid on Fri 5 Nov - 9:13:56; edited 1 time in total

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

[Intel] Mortars Empty Re: [Intel] Mortars

Post by Orford Fri 5 Nov - 9:26:53

The PR forum states that the deviation is 25mm radius of the centre point. 60m would never be tolerated. Not accurate enough devs wouldnt of put it in.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Fri 5 Nov - 9:32:30

Orford wrote:The PR forum states that the deviation is 25mm radius of the centre point. 60m would never be tolerated. Not accurate enough devs wouldnt of put it in.
I'll be double checking this ingame. But the above is what Mick and I recorded yesterday.

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Fri 5 Nov - 10:53:19

Yeah I have to say what Orford put, I was surprised when I read 60m, thats very harsh :o maybe if the distance is very very very far away (like maximum) but not all the time me thinks :D
Fuggut
Fuggut

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Thu 6 Jan - 10:10:34

I can teach people(New and Old players) how to build and operate the mortars as I've experienced that people tend to turn to me when they have questions about the mortars.

[Area of Expertise] Building, operating and CMD/SL/FL/Grunt fire mission request.

I would gladly take that responsibility for that training on future training sessions and/or ingame on the server. :)

MasterG OuT!

Need Mortars? Call MasterG ! :)
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Thu 6 Jan - 10:42:47

Orford wrote:The PR forum states that the deviation is 25mm radius of the centre point. 60m would never be tolerated. Not accurate enough devs wouldnt of put it in.

You miss read snips post.

Sniperhid wrote:Precision: +- 30metres from centre point, this means if you fire a mortar on the exact same spot again, the round could potentially go as far as 60m in the opposite direction.

If the deviation is 25 or 30 m then a rounds have the potential to land 50-60m apart.

eg.
25m west of aim point (centre of deviation radius) + 25m east of aimpoint (centre of deviation radius) = 50m dispersion

Simples...

Thanx for the offer master.

You are s**t hot with a mortar tube so we will deffinitely be calling upon ur expertise when the time comes.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 6 Jan - 11:11:54

As I stated 25 mtr from the first morta. Is a 25 mtr radius from the centre so yes potentially they could land east 25mtr from centre then the next 25 mtr from centre to the west. But AFAIK they are not coded to do that. They would not do one extream to the other.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Thu 6 Jan - 11:50:59

The first mortar would not be the centre of the dviation radius. The aimpoint is the centre of this radius. Potentialy the rounds could land anywhere within that 25m radius (50m circumference), for two rounds to land on opposite sides of this circle would not be beyond the realsm of possibility.
There is no fixed pattern to the mortar round dispersion they are coded to a random algorithim.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang2Rights Thu 6 Jan - 13:09:15

ukVandal wrote:The first mortar would not be the centre of the dviation radius. The aimpoint is the centre of this radius. Potentialy the rounds could land anywhere within that 25m radius (50m circumference), for two rounds to land on opposite sides of this circle would not be beyond the realsm of possibility.
There is no fixed pattern to the mortar round dispersion they are coded to a random algorithim.

Would it be worth anyone calling in an initial 3 rounds. You would then adjust from the average of these first splashes?

Bang2Rights

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Thu 6 Jan - 13:28:43

Would it be worth anyone calling in an initial 3 rounds. You would then adjust from the average of these first splashes?

I usually shoot 2 rounds first then fire 5 or more when adjustments have come in via troops near mortar splash down.
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 6 Jan - 15:53:35

Do you have to be good at maths for this topic bcoz i am LOST.
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Thu 6 Jan - 16:05:46

nah it does it all on the mortar dial, when you get a training session in you'll see

even i could do it, first time, tho everytime after that it seems to of gone down hill
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Thu 6 Jan - 16:44:28

ukVandal wrote:Potentialy the rounds could land anywhere within that 25m radius (50m diameter), for two rounds to land on opposite sides of this circle would not be beyond the realsm of possibility.

Fixed that for you. :D
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down