*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEWARE! Disguised as a Microsoft software check: logitcheck.hta

3 posters

Go down

BEWARE! Disguised as a Microsoft software check: logitcheck.hta Empty BEWARE! Disguised as a Microsoft software check: legitcheck.hta

Post by Shug06 Sun 11 Apr - 20:39:24

Hi everyone,

Had a warning pop up in the righthand corner of my screen, saying that I'd didn't have a genuine copy of W7, you are directed to what looks like a real site to download "logitcheck.hta" its a HTML app. I checked it's properties before opening it and it looked dodgy as hell, so went onto Microsofts website and nothing came up. Any info?

Last edited by Shug06 on Sun 11 Apr - 21:54:27; edited 1 time in total
Shug06
Shug06

Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

BEWARE! Disguised as a Microsoft software check: logitcheck.hta Empty Re: BEWARE! Disguised as a Microsoft software check: logitcheck.hta

Post by Naytdawg Sun 11 Apr - 20:41:27

nope, i bought a laptiop with win 7 on preloaded but un activated, just goto microsoft, download any windows update and it checks its valid and registers it

i still get the WARNING YOU HAVE A VIRUS pop ups, just ignore them, norton deals with that without telling me lol
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

BEWARE! Disguised as a Microsoft software check: logitcheck.hta Empty Re: BEWARE! Disguised as a Microsoft software check: logitcheck.hta

Post by Naytdawg Sun 11 Apr - 20:42:03

Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Sun 11 Apr - 21:04:54

You have a Typo there Shug. It should be legitcheck.hta

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Shug06 Sun 11 Apr - 21:52:15

This what it says in the righthand corner of the screen is;

Windows 7
Build 7600
This copy of Windows is not genuine

When I've downloaded something, I'm told I maybe the victim of a counterfit copy, but I bought mine on Amazon. I'm confused!
Shug06
Shug06

Back to top Go down

Post by Shug06 Sun 11 Apr - 21:54:02

ukVandal wrote:You have a Typo there Shug. It should be legitcheck.hta

Yeah, sorry. Is it a real download?
Shug06
Shug06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down