*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control your PC from your phone, anywhere!

3 posters

Go down

Control your PC from your phone, anywhere! Empty Control your PC from your phone, anywhere!

Post by Bang2Rights Thu 28 Jan - 8:46:31

Remote PC access has been around for a while. Recently I've been playing around with a package from logmein.com

You can access you pc from any web browser. And now from an iphone using an app from the company called ignition. You can use applications on your desktop, as if you were really there. I reckon it's got potential, especially for logging into our servers remotely.

There's a free basic package, the one I'm playing with. There's also a pros package which costs about £35 a year.

Anyway, thought you guys might find it of interest.

Bang2Rights

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Control your PC from your phone, anywhere! Empty Re: Control your PC from your phone, anywhere!

Post by Bang2Rights Thu 28 Jan - 9:53:06

Also found these guys that seem to offer a full package completely free to non-commercial users. Not sure about phone connection though, but then again, a browsers a browser like.

http://www.teamviewer.com/licensing/index.aspx

Bang2Rights

Back to top Go down

Control your PC from your phone, anywhere! Empty Re: Control your PC from your phone, anywhere!

Post by Orford Thu 4 Feb - 16:09:27

I went to HO today and they have now banned this web site as every one was using it to get round the no facebook a work rule. they would login to the home pc using there work pc and then go on the web thus getting around works web site filter. Nice program though. I remember this post and it was the same program.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang2Rights Thu 4 Feb - 16:28:59

Yeah, shortly after posting this, my works firewall found it. So there goes my master plan for world domination! fight

Bang2Rights

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Thu 4 Feb - 16:31:32

I have used both remote desktop connection mircosoft's answer to the problem and teamviewer. Teamviewer was quite nice to use from Uni. The Linux open source/root I believe is VNC. I believe Tight VNC is the all open source. There are quite a lot of apps for the iPhone from remote control I think I might try one at some point.

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down