Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by MikeOx on Thu 10 Jan - 14:24:02

Not trying to ruffle any feathers but at the same time I don't feel like the actions of one of your moderators was warranted while trying to play in your server.

This was at 1/10/13 - 5:45a.m PST or so on NWA INS on Al Basrah. I spawned as INS.

I joined into the server trying to help populate as there were about 24-26 players at the time. Teams were around 13vs13 and I spawned in and hopped into a bombcar. I got a server message saying to STOP THAT then saw that no assets could be used until 15 vs 15. I typed in main chat, ' oops, returning car to main ' . Returned it to main and went out on foot.

Server rules were to not destroy caches/fobs yet caches/fobs were being destroyed by British side. 3 had been destroyed. IvanDobsky/Jevski were on British side.

After seeing the teams were at 16vs16 I hopped back into a bombcar and made my way to where a British team had set up a fob with intent to bomb it. As I'm making my way there IvanDobsky types in !k mike pop . I then went dead. Someone on British team said they sniped me out of the car. Fine.

I was curious what the !k mike pop message was and assumed that Ivan killed me with admin. Not sure if it was a kill command or kick command as I wasn't kicked.

I then typed asking IvanDobsky what the problem was and you'll have to check the chat log to see the exchange. I don't remember it verbatim but I asked him .. ' We cant use assets unless YOU say so ' . Mind you that the teams were at 18vs18 or so and server rules state no assets until 15v15.

He replies with a " !s Mike do you have a problem with that? "

I left after that as I didn't want to deal with a power hungry mod and risk getting a ban, but my problem is why he felt the need to be such a d**k to players?


Another player in the server was kicked for 'breaking' the rules,
came back into the server and responded rudely and IvanDobsky quickly
banned him.

Server rules were consistently saying not to destroy fobs/caches yet his team was doing just that?

I enjoy the NWA server immensely as it's one of the only servers where teamwork is stressed over just going for kills but servers that have mods that feel like they are god just ruin the overall community of the game.

I don't want him punished or anything but just let him know that his actions reflect against the server you guys try to run.

Now here's a picture of a panda bear...


MikeOx

Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by MikeOx on Thu 10 Jan - 14:36:12

Let me also say that I didn't mean to throw Jevski under the bus or anything by mentioning him in the first post.

He wasn't saying/doing anything bad but just noticed that he was on the team with Ivan and so he might be aware of the situation as well.

MikeOx

Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Bullet2Hart on Thu 10 Jan - 14:38:25

Please note that it is 15v15 ACTIVE Players before assets can be used.

Generally at this time of day (Seeding time) We tend to have zero tolerence towards people that don't read the rules carefully enough I'd advise taking a trip to the rules section of the forums which can be found here - NwA Server Rules
Here's a quick look at our asset rule.

When below 15 v 15 NO ARMOUR, ATTACK HELIS, SPG TECHY AND NO BOMB CARS. Mounted 50.Cal veichals only
You may not use any armour before server population reaches 15v15 ACTIVE players unless given permission by an admin

This
rule is aimed at aiding game play while the server is being seeded,
this will help players have fun inf fighting and be able to perform
tactical manovers with out the fear of being owned by kill chasing
Heavey asset operators. PR is based on balanced game play vs reality, so
when the server has a low population we would like to keep the game
play balanced the only fair way to do this for both teams is to limit
the number of heavy weapons on the battle field.

_________________


Yes this Sig is crappy At the Moment Wink
Improvements coming when i can be bothered firing up imageready for some funky text babaii
avatar
Bullet2Hart

Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Delta on Thu 10 Jan - 14:44:21

I don't know what happened here but if you read the scrolling rules or do !rules in the server it says no assets until 15vs15 ACTIVE players, this means that although there might be a total of 30 players on the server (15 each side) they might not all be active and playing and so if the game was to start then it could be that 6 of the ins team are afk/seeding so that its actually 15 US vs 9ins.

_________________



Viglen wrote:No admins in game at the moment sorry our real life schedule has had an affect on your PR experience
avatar
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Delta on Thu 10 Jan - 14:49:47

Yep just as I trhought, looking in the chatlogs we find:

[13:36 TEAM 2 ] (NL) Youri-the-killer: please stick you head outside your arse I respwam here nobody to pick up I drive away you say dont drive solo
[13:36 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: !w youri tw
[13:37 TEAM 2 ] (NL) Youri-the-killer: omg
[13:37 TEAM 2 ] Tachidude: no need to be rude
[13:37 GLOBAL ] [FATE] Jurgi5: what a rules :D
[13:37 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: its 15 vs 15 now
[13:39 GLOBAL ] 240p Uncle_Dante: someone using bombcar?
[13:39 TEAM 2 ] 240p Uncle_Dante: to manison
[13:39 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: When we have 15v15 active players Ill call it... Until then stop killing FOBs/caches please
[13:39 GLOBAL ] =WST= Snitser89: it's 16 vs 16
[13:39 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: !k mike pop
[13:39 GLOBAL ] 240p Uncle_Dante: LOOOL
[13:39 GLOBAL ] 240p Uncle_Dante: sniped driver out of a moving car
[13:39 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: A C T I V E you copy?
[13:40 GLOBAL ] SPCFOR Yoni563: !shownext
[13:41 GLOBAL ] DievasPR: Why did you kicked me idiot? It was 15vs15 when I destroyed FOB? Apologise now dumb c**t.
[13:41 GLOBAL ] 240p Uncle_Dante: loool
[13:41 TEAM 2 ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: k!tb vaspr admin abuse
[13:41 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: !tb vaspr admin abuse
[13:41 TEAM 2 ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: ...
[13:41 GLOBAL ] 240p Uncle_Dante: Enm on mansionfob!
[13:41 GLOBAL ] 240p Uncle_Dante: enm on the fob at mansion
[13:42 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: so what are the rules ivan .. no vehicles until YOU say so?
[13:42 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: !s U gotta problem with that Mike?
[13:42 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: lighten the f**k up . it's a question.
[13:43 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: you killed me for that reason?
[13:43 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: the serve rules said 15 vs 15.
[13:43 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: i was in the car when it was 16 vs 16
[13:43 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: then you admin kill me

[13:43 TEAM 2 ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: !s pop
[13:44 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: Mike you were shot out of a bombe car

[13:44 GLOBAL ] *NwA* Jevski: dont u just love that u have to teach pr players basic english
[13:44 GLOBAL ] WarL0rd[EST]: you*
[13:44 GLOBAL ] WarL0rd[EST]: :D
[13:44 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: you typed !k mike pop
[13:44 TEAM 2 ] *NwA* Jevski: Wink
[13:44 GLOBAL ] WarL0rd[EST]: i keed i keed :D
[13:44 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: what does that mean?
[13:44 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: And youre lucky you wernt kicked
[13:45 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: !k jurgi seed
[13:45 GLOBAL ] =WST= AB101-Infinity: it's 20 vs 19?
[13:45 GLOBAL ] *NwA* Jevski: READ
[13:45 GLOBAL ] *NwA* Jevski: !s seed
[13:45 GLOBAL ] *NwA* Jevski: what does it say

[13:45 GLOBAL ] =WST= Snitser89: cmon dude
[13:45 TEAM 2 ] *NwA* Jevski: no really what does it say
[13:45 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: Why cant you guys understand the rules?
[13:46 GLOBAL ] =WST= AB101-Infinity: can you say it one more time?
[13:46 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: We need 15v15 ACTIVE players OK?


Also just a pointer if you plan on frequenting any other game server, "lighten the f**k up . it's a question" will generally result in one of 3 outcomes, 1 being kicked - its a game there is no need to be offensive, 2 - the admin will listen to you but will consider it whining and want to kick you to save his headache that is rapidly forming, 3 - the admin will listen to you but you really have started the conversation in the wrong way and have pissed the admin off which will result in cold, to the point answers until you shut up. Now you might say this isn't fair, the admin should treat me the same as everyone else on the server and treat me with respect, but by saying the quote above you have shown that: A - you are not one of the 99% but infact one of the 1%, and B have no respect for the admin and have not treated him courteously so why should he treat you courteously back?


so in fact here is the breakdown;

you ignored the admin's verbal warning
didn't read the rules properly
ignored the warning
were lucky not to be kicked
didn't get admin killed (command is !kill) but actually just got shot

peace

_________________



Viglen wrote:No admins in game at the moment sorry our real life schedule has had an affect on your PR experience
avatar
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by ivandobsky on Thu 10 Jan - 15:07:22

Thankyou Bullet.
And thankyou too Delta.

I try to uphold the server rules, explaining my actions when required. You seem to be blind to the fact that the [15v15] players have to be ACTIVE , as I stated numerous times.

You also seem pretty selective in what you complain about.
For example you don't mention that Jevs & I were actively trying to stop caches being destroyed, warning those blufor players who were trying to do so. In fact the 1st hour of my game I was constantly trying to enforce the rules and rebutting those people like yourself who seemed to want to spend the whole time questioning them.

You think I play PR just to be some neo-nazi control freak? The very reason that *NwA* is such a good place for teamwork is because we have admins who enforce the rules. Anyone who breaks our rules gets treated the same, including you my friend. As admins we expect players to abide by our rules & requests. So yes, "We cant use assets unless YOU say so" is exactly what is required from you Mike. Players who come back from a kick being all aggressive will get a (temp) ban from me. I don't think I deserve abuse from anyone do you?

Now, if you had put more effort into reading the posts Jevs & I put up and less into being personally aggrieved then we wouldn't be here would we?

I hope you feel a little better now you have got that off your chest.

Now if you were to call me a "dumb c##t" I would ban you too. Understand?


Last edited by ivandobsky on Thu 10 Jan - 16:01:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better get my facts straight here huh?)

_________________

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon
avatar
ivandobsky

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Jevski on Thu 10 Jan - 15:32:39

Dobs, wasnt mike that did call you....

[13:41 GLOBAL ] DievasPR: Why did you kicked me idiot? It was 15vs15 when I destroyed FOB? Apologise now dumb c**t.


but above guy :)
avatar
Jevski

Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Delta on Thu 10 Jan - 15:36:58

good spot jevs, but just want to point out:

[13:42 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: so what are the rules ivan .. no vehicles until YOU say so?
[13:42 GLOBAL ] *NwA* IvanDobsky: !s U gotta problem with that Mike?
[13:42 GLOBAL ] MikeOxlittle: lighten the f**k up . it's a question.

_________________



Viglen wrote:No admins in game at the moment sorry our real life schedule has had an affect on your PR experience
avatar
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by ivandobsky on Thu 10 Jan - 15:50:18

Ok, my bad... Ta Jevs.

Let's just say that anyone calling any admin that deserves a permanent ban in my books.

peace

_________________

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon
avatar
ivandobsky

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Smurf_cfc on Thu 10 Jan - 15:53:09

ivandobsky wrote:

Let's just say that anyone calling any admin that deserves a permanent ban in my books.

peace



agree with u on that one, and i cant believe im saying this but i think you let him of lightly lol

_________________




------ " Tank's dont kill people..Smurf's do" - Alexander The Great ------
avatar
Smurf_cfc

Registration date : 2011-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Orford on Thu 10 Jan - 16:03:15

Lol love it when punk ass crying bitches come on here to complain about aggressive admins,fforget to mention all the facts and then get completely pwned by our admin team. Even before the admin who is being complained about writes his (true) story.

I think you was beyond calm after being called a c**t by one and told to chill the f**k out by another. Again spot on Ivan, although you don't need me to tell him that.


Apology? I'm guessing he will be to embarrassed to reply.

I feel sorry for people who tell half truths and feel they have to lie and talk people down to get attention. Don't ban him. It entertains me and makes me feel warm inside that we can save a little place on our server for such people. I'm sure Ivan must feel the same as normally he would of banned the guy.

Enjoy the server.


Last edited by Orford on Thu 10 Jan - 16:15:22; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I hate Sigs. They are large messy and detract from my poor spelling and grammer.
 



Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by ivandobsky on Thu 10 Jan - 16:14:58

Nah Orf, just having a senile moment stupid

_________________

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon
avatar
ivandobsky

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Orford on Thu 10 Jan - 16:16:05

He had a lucky escape, need to up ya meds Ivan.

_________________
I hate Sigs. They are large messy and detract from my poor spelling and grammer.
 



Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by ukVandal on Thu 10 Jan - 17:35:06

It's all gone quiet over there! It's all gone quiet over there!!

Good work gentlemen.

_________________



Voilà!

In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so letme simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me..

"V"

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by kopite73 on Thu 10 Jan - 19:20:11

lol typical im miss this i might play pr tonight and ban some pricks i need some agro in stead of zombie agro lol .
avatar
kopite73
Kop
Kop

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by MikeOx on Thu 10 Jan - 20:27:40

Orford wrote:Lol love it when punk ass crying bitches come on here to complain about aggressive admins,fforget to mention all the facts and then get completely pwned by our admin team. Even before the admin who is being complained about writes his (true) story.

I think you was beyond calm after being called a c**t by one and told to chill the f**k out by another. Again spot on Ivan, although you don't need me to tell him that.


Apology? I'm guessing he will be to embarrassed to reply.

I feel sorry for people who tell half truths and feel they have to lie and talk people down to get attention. Don't ban him. It entertains me and makes me feel warm inside that we can save a little place on our server for such people. I'm sure Ivan must feel the same as normally he would of banned the guy.

Enjoy the server.
You must have selective reading skills as I don't see anywhere in my first post where I asked for an apology ... just an explanation. There is a difference.

After seeing the log I will admit my mistake in telling him to 'chill the f**k out' but we all have our moments.

The whole 'active' player thing is new to me as just a player and not a server admin. If there were people AFK/inactive just seeding the server am I really supposed to know that as just a player? The server message said no assets until 15 vs. 15 active. I use an asset at 19 vs 18 (as stated in the log by another player) and I'm punished for it. Hopefully you see the other perspective in that.

Oh well, what's done is done.

Later.

MikeOx

Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Jevski on Thu 10 Jan - 20:32:12

Players who have not yet spawned, and have 0 kills, and 0 deaths, are by logic - inactive.
avatar
Jevski

Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by MikeOx on Thu 10 Jan - 20:48:02

Jevski wrote:Players who have not yet spawned, and have 0 kills, and 0 deaths, are by logic - inactive.
Might be different for an admin but as a normal player I have no idea who is alive/dead/spawned in on the opposing team.

And what if they just joined, spawned in and were making their way to the battle area .. that could explain the 0kills/0deaths .... no?

See I can use 'logic' too.

MikeOx

Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Orford on Thu 10 Jan - 21:48:56

I was referring to you coming back and giving an apology.

The score screen is available to every one. That's how the admins and players who get what active use.

If it was a misunderstanding on your part then say so. Arguing the toss just keeps it going round in circuls.

_________________
I hate Sigs. They are large messy and detract from my poor spelling and grammer.
 



Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Jevski on Thu 10 Jan - 22:53:31

MikeOx wrote:
Jevski wrote:Players who have not yet spawned, and have 0 kills, and 0 deaths, are by logic - inactive.
Might be different for an admin but as a normal player I have no idea who is alive/dead/spawned in on the opposing team.

And what if they just joined, spawned in and were making their way to the battle area .. that could explain the 0kills/0deaths .... no?

See I can use 'logic' too.

Yeah, but your logic is faulty. Or rather your reading skills are lacking yet again.

Please refer to your game manual. If you do not know if a player is dead or alive, you really need to read it.

Seems you have difficulty with the word "active"

If the player has joined, spawned, and making their way to the battlefield, Has that player then not done exactly the opposite of what i said? Ie Spawned, and by your statement if he is moving towards an objective, isn't he by definition ACTIVE?

Dont come here and play with the big boys.

ac·tive


/ˈaktiv/

Adjective
(of a person) Engaging or ready to engage in physically energetic pursuits.


Noun
An active form of a verb.


Synonyms
lively - live - brisk - energetic - operative


avatar
Jevski

Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Delta on Thu 10 Jan - 23:01:55

also people who are dead/haven't spawned are grey, spawned people are either red (enemies) or blue(friendlies).

_________________



Viglen wrote:No admins in game at the moment sorry our real life schedule has had an affect on your PR experience
avatar
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Jay Scott on Thu 10 Jan - 23:59:15

You learnt alot about NwA tonight Mike.. Razz Hope to see a new Mike on the servers from now on.:)
avatar
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator issue - IvanDobsky

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum