*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSOD Randomness

+3
Crenshaw
Jay Scott
Fuggut
7 posters

Go down

RSOD Randomness Empty RSOD Randomness

Post by Fuggut Sun 26 Aug - 0:07:24

Hey guys

Just been playing War of the Roses Beta and my PC is very new as you guys know with a GTX 670 and whilst I was playing, out of the blue my screen completely turned Red and my sound stuttered then stopped and my PC became unresponsive. It's the first time it's ever happened to any of my computers and considering this is a new one, should I be worried? it hasn't happened since. (a few hours ago)

I then logged on the game again and it Black screened me but my pc wasn't unresponsive that time. Just wondering if I should pursue this further or just brush it off as it's happened once but I hear a red screen can be really, really bad in terms of replacing my video card bad.
Fuggut
Fuggut

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

RSOD Randomness Empty Re: RSOD Randomness

Post by Jay Scott Sun 26 Aug - 0:28:53

Sounds proper dodgy that Fugg I would of probably pooped abit in my under briefs! >.<

I would not worry tho just be extra carefull when your drinking at your pc not to spill any. :)
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Sun 26 Aug - 0:41:51

just played another 4 rounds, seems okay now, i'm hoping its a one off :) some people say it can be the cable between your monitor and your PC so I hope it was just that being wobbly.
Fuggut
Fuggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 26 Aug - 0:45:39

Wobbly like my heads been all day Razz

- You gunna buy CS:GO dude and start gaming wit the big boys again? or you gunna stay playing them silly games click and move bullpoop? xD
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Crenshaw Sun 26 Aug - 4:15:20

Don't worry too much about it until it becomes consistent. There could be any number of reasons that happened, such as having dust on the connector edges, not having the card seated 100% properly, it could've been a screwy driver, or maybe your card was optimizing something for the game.

Computers can mess up for what seems like no good reason whatsoever, so until it starts to interfere with normal PC operation, don't worry about it. It's a like when you get a random blue screen. Maybe your PC divided a 0 somewhere, we'll never know.

-Crenshaw
Crenshaw
Crenshaw
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Da-Fort Sun 26 Aug - 9:20:45

I am betting it was just the game. When I was playing the Natural Selection 2 beta my screen got very pixelated. The weird thing here was that it only happened in that game. The only cure was to reboot my computer. After that incident I once had my entire background completely covered in RGB colours after closing the game. I could not see anything through it.

Both times I had to restart my computer to fix it and it never has happened again. The game did not crash on me and only happened once. I chalked it up to being early beta stuff. My theory is that my video drivers crashed and had to reboot. I have had some serious lag spikes where the screen just stops for several seconds long.

Last edited by Da-Fort on Sun 26 Aug - 9:36:46; edited 3 times in total
Da-Fort
Da-Fort
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Sun 26 Aug - 9:24:00

Alright well thanks dudes. The Game still is in the Beta and the devs told me aslong as it doesn't happen in any other game or outside War of the Roses I should be okay, lets hope I don't jinx it lol :)
Fuggut
Fuggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Sun 26 Aug - 16:14:08

Happened again whilst playing WotR never happened any other time, PC has been running fine all day, got this error msg:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800F1744E0
BCP2: FFFFF880101571A4
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\082612-9313-01.dmp
C:\Users\Smedly\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-12355-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

help? :S

Checked Windows solutions and this popped up

Windows
Problem: Video hardware error
Files that help describe the problem:
WD-20120826-1612.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.
Fuggut
Fuggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Crenshaw Sun 26 Aug - 19:27:53

Again, you're going to have to play other games and see if this starts happening. If it does not, then it's probably War of the Roses causing it. Have you delete ALL previous drivers from your other video cards? If it is indeed only WotR, then forward that to the devs to let them know their game ain't co-operating.

-Crenshaw
Crenshaw
Crenshaw
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Sun 26 Aug - 19:34:20

The game is a beta and is most likely the cause of ur problems.

But play some other games and see what happens.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Sun 26 Aug - 21:17:36

Well I played Shogun total war on full graphics to strain my card a bit and that was completely fine, played Sleeping dogs for a good 2 hours and that was fine. Only reason I worry is that no one else has reported Red Screen on their forums :(
Fuggut
Fuggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Sun 26 Aug - 23:37:47

The guy who built my computer is helping me in his spare time at home :) he went on skype with me and told me to send him my .dmp file from the error message, turns out he said the drivers are crashing and that I should do everything to avoid the version I have as its a known buggy one. He gave me the newest Beta version to try. I hope this works :(
Fuggut
Fuggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Crenshaw Mon 27 Aug - 2:00:13

If the game continue to crash afterward, then report it! That's the point of the beta, to find very issues like this! Let them know that those "buggy" drivers cause the game to Red Screen/Blue Screen.

-Crenshaw
Crenshaw
Crenshaw
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtDiver[GER] Mon 27 Aug - 13:08:56

I had the same problem with WotR beta. Do you by any chance have a pre oc'ed GFX card or oc'ed it yourself? If yes, try increasing the voltage a bit. That fixed it for me and several other people having this problem.

WotR seems to be really badly optimized and that's probably why it's happening only in this game and in no others. I also never had problems running (in theory) way more intensive games like modded Skyrim, BF3, etc. but WotR always crashed till I upped the voltage :D

DirtDiver[GER]

Registration date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuggut Mon 27 Aug - 13:36:03

Yeah I heard it wasn't optimized yet and they were gonna do it later. I don't know if it's OC'd I never asked XD

I fixed my flickering screen problem, turned out it was my monitor getting old so I plugged my PC into my 38" TV screen with a HDMI cable XD looks well nice, dunno why I didn't before.

I just played a few rounds and it seems fine, I hope it stays this way :(
Fuggut
Fuggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovvi Mon 27 Aug - 16:09:42

so much for the new pc, i guess its back to the old one
Lovvi
Lovvi

Registration date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down