Opinion on Roadkilling

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Opinion on Roadkilling

Post by Zach on Wed 29 Feb - 21:00:12

Server Rules wrote:NO CARMAGEDDON!! EXCESSIVE ROADKILLS EARNS U A KICK/BAN
You may run down enemies only in the direction u are driving. Turning
around or circling around to hit the enemy is not acceptable
I don't want anyone to think that this is a proposition to change the current rule. I've been asking quite a few people whilst in-game how they feel about this and thought it would be a good idea to bring it up here. There is some confusion about when the roadkilling becomes excessive. I've seen people kicked for one roadkill because they made a hard turn to hit someone while others roadkill a couple of guys and get away with it.

I will start off by stating my opinion clearly: I do not roadkill. I do my best to avoid hitting any enemy under any circumstances with my vehicle. This does sound extreme, but I think it adds to the realism and it's a choice I make to enhance the gameplay. The frustration I experienced with roadkilling was only enhanced once I started to squad lead a few months back. Having one enemy drive at 60-70kph jumping a curb or small hill to hit one or two of my guys while maintaining that speed was enough to cause a hasty Alt + F4.

Roadkilling in PR is an abuse of the limitations set by the Refractor 2 engine. DICE did not design BF2 with realism on a level that PR attempts to bring us, so I consider this an exploit. Just the idea of killing another player in PR by running him over should be as taboo as placing C4 on a HMMWV to kill a tank. I've watched hours and hours of combat videos and read many books without any incidents of a driver running an enemy over in combat.

I look forward to reading other opinions.

Last edited by Klutz93 on Wed 29 Feb - 21:01:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damn typos (I swear I proofread it!))

Zach

Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Opinion on Roadkilling

Post by kerrermanisNL on Wed 29 Feb - 21:05:43

In my opinion people who purposely drive in such a manner (read "aim") that you get hit should get kicked. I don't mind if I run across a street and I get run down suddenly.. That's my own fault, but my panty's really get in a tangle when I get roadkilled on purpose (like 2 times today Razz). First time was a miss, so I reported him.. As soon as I hit the 'enter'-key he ran me over (caught me from behind)..

I think that's what the rule stands for. Changing directions etc. is not allowed (which can be spotted very easily). Getting roadkilled whilst walking a straight line.. What can I say.. Unless he really doesnt change directions I dont mind (but if he changes "lanes" so to speak, that is lame)

hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands
remember the rifle.

Jay Scott wrote:- Tongue out of face
- Je moeder rook natte vis (Your mum smelled wet fish)
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal on Wed 29 Feb - 21:14:50

I will roadkill someone if he is directly in front of me give a take a couple of degrees but any more than that and I just pass em by.

Voilà!

In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so letme simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me..

"V"

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott on Wed 29 Feb - 22:43:02

Same ^^ if am plowing along and a dood is at 12 O'clock hes getting squished! If he is at 12:03 he is still getting Squished! if he is at 11:57 he is still getting SQUISHED! :)
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikemonster on Thu 1 Mar - 17:35:51

If it's more or less en route to where you're going then fair enough - Most players (me included) try and shoot the driver out like a pr0 l33t sn1p0r instead of getting out of the way, they (I) MUST LEARN MWAHAHAHA.

Mikemonster

Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 on Thu 1 Mar - 18:13:07

Lay some claymores and watch them come to ya FOB. Then blow em up and laugh.

Five warriors killed using suicide vehicles on al basrah

Tarranauha200

Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top