*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Stacking

+14
Orford
Mikemonster
Sandert
Delta
MIDGET
dtacs
fillsson
Naytdawg
kerrermanisNL
Lone
MasterG
SwaggerNL
Bounty
Apexs
18 posters

Go down

Team Stacking Empty Team Stacking

Post by Apexs Wed 18 Jan - 19:48:29

Guys its getting kinda lame with all the Clan players being on the same side, if you think its fun to steam roll the other team this way then carry on, but i think its more fun when the teams are more even

Apexs

Registration date : 2011-06-16

Back to top Go down

Team Stacking Empty Re: Team Stacking

Post by Bounty Wed 18 Jan - 19:49:42

Its being looked at right now, good chap!
We have a thread elsewhere that you can't see, but we're told its definitely being discussed.
Bounty
Bounty
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Wed 18 Jan - 19:55:52

This is being worked on ye, I've set as a personal goal aswell to join the other team when theres a lot of guys on one side... Just took a cache in fallujah against ze stack^^
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Wed 18 Jan - 20:05:35

It's much more fun to be on the other side and really be annoying to the "stack" team.. But that's just me and my weird kinda nature.. :p hehe Team Stacking 666915
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wed 18 Jan - 20:13:34

MasterG wrote:It's much more fun to be on the other side and really be annoying to the "stack" team.. But that's just me and my weird kinda nature.. :p hehe Team Stacking 666915

I sort of see where you are coming from. The other day on Shinja Valley it was so funny because I kept shooting the Apache down. I like to think they raged hard because being on the stacked team they thought they had no chance of going down :D After shooting it down once I set a 20 minute timer on my phone (Because I am a pure geek) so I knew when it would be up again and when the timer went off I just flew up high and got it again 2 minutes later.

Lone

Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrermanisNL Wed 18 Jan - 20:14:55

I was thinking the same thing, played 1 game today, and my team was just very sad.. Decided to leave after that one. Still it's not always like that when there's a stacked team
kerrermanisNL
kerrermanisNL

Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Wed 18 Jan - 20:18:07

I'd also say that it's much more fun (imo) to be an insurgent cuz it's much easier to lonewolf as a raghead than as a bluefor guy... This also counts for me when I'm in for just 20 minutes or something..
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Wed 18 Jan - 20:23:25

I've bumped the thread in the admin section, hopefully a resolution to the situation will be reached soon guys!

Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by fillsson Thu 19 Jan - 10:06:51

They seriously need to reduce the amount of skill increase you get with clan tags... It's getting out of hand.
fillsson
fillsson
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by dtacs Thu 19 Jan - 10:26:15

There is a horrendous misconception that simply being in a group of 3 or more clanned players will make the sides imbalanced.

Lastnight on Qwai and Muttrah, a number of admins were gravely concerned that 7 SRF members were going to totally change the tide of the fight and cause the other side to lose, unless they had an equal clan number, in this case, it was NwA players being asked to switch to US from China.

Consistently, [3dAC]Stone - my AR - was being asked to switch in order to make the teams balanced even though there was not a single other 3dAC member present. The next round, with 4 3dAC members on the Chinese team, it made zero difference even though a number of them were operating in a locked squad. This is just an example, as I've seen this before on NwA and other servers too.

In many rare cases it does actually make a difference, but with the clans playing it really doesn't matter. To be frank I've seen NwA-centric teams get absolutely smashed, and on the very rare occasion seen cohesive teams heralded by clans struggle against random community members.

Basically I'd ask that a little more thought be put into this situation by the admins, as its really being blown out of proportion that clans mean the death of fair rounds. No one man can turn the tables, nor can one clan either.

My 2c.
dtacs
dtacs

Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MIDGET Thu 19 Jan - 11:06:49

fact is d tacs i switched 8 players from ur side to balance for the next round so 3dac could play on same side i always watch who is joining and place them on the side that will benefit from them being there this is an admins roll to ensure fair game play and make gaming enjoyable for all

MIDGET

Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Thu 19 Jan - 11:36:15

Team Stacking 585502 It isn't easy, but the admins do try hard to keep the teams as balanced as possible, as previously said there is a post you cant see which has a big discussion about this, however, I dont thinkthere is going to ever be a definite solution, its just what happens when you have a clan as big as ours, I mean look at it, 9 times out of 10 recently I could join either server at any time of day and still have 6-10 clan members to play with, in the evening this can get the stage where we can have nearly 20 members on a server, and clan members are part of the clan because they like to play with certain people, and that is there perogative. However, what you dont hear also is the Admins working furiously in the background (we have even implemented a no spam in TS rule so the admins can work more efficiently and communicate better) to balance the teams, even if we end up having to play on the other side, or not play with who we want to, at the end of the day its largely the admins that get a raw deal, we police the server, generally we will switch before clan members do, and try to bring a few with us to even losing teams up and people always complain no matter what we do, and generally we are only trying to do what we, as an admin team, deem best. the other night for example me and LoneAssassin switched to China on shija valley cos that team got raped by the mec team on burning sands the previous round and had no infantry (I ended up d/cing 10mins in but you get the point).

Ps please dont take this as a rant at anyone or anything or a guilt trip into feeling sorry for the admins, we signed up for it, I'm just typing a lot of crap thats annoyed me a little bit recently

Team Stacking 666915
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandert Thu 19 Jan - 17:05:57

Dtacs, generally speaking clans do perform better than normal people. Especially when these guys man the heavy assets or lead one or two infantry squads.

Obviously one squad can't make a difference, but lately it has often been the case that one team is made up of 10-15 SRF guys, and the rest is 3DAC, 301, NwA or whatever. This means the vehicles are probably well-crewed and there will be good infantry squads; not to mention better communication between those.

These are the examples I'm concerned about: a team of 15-25 clan players against a team made up of random people. This is when it starts getting inbalanced. Sure, luck is still a big factor and even clans can't win every fight but most of the time they start steamrolling the other team.

But it's being looked into.
Sandert
Sandert
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikemonster Thu 19 Jan - 17:12:03

Agreed Dtacs that it isn't the breaking of a game to have one side full of clan players - Skill is rarely a requisite for clan membership.

Try telling that to the pubber team though, I've been in good squads where the members whined and had bad morale (if you can call it that) just because there were a lot of 'clanners' on the other side.

As usual, people have a view of reality and change reality to match that - In this instance they won't actually wait to see if the 'stacked' team is any good. Not that i'm immune myself.

Mikemonster

Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 19 Jan - 18:54:31

It wasnt long ago that a couple of clans started to flame *NwA* for team stacking. How it wasnt fair and we were the anit christe. Admins needed to do more or they would never play on our server again and tell every one how bad we where.

Oh how short memories are. The admins work dam hard to keep the team balanced and fair so we dont get another round of *NwA* bashing by the oh so powerful select few who cannot even get there own servers running. Feeling there time is better spent slamming other servers admins for not giving them a cyber c**k sucking.

90% of what our admins do no one see`s. Players loading in are moved about so the fore mentioned elite nomadic clans can all play together with there mates. Idle players or players who arnt in a squad are watched and kicked to make room for more of the clan from the nether to join.

Then it seams that if they arnt on the stronger of the 2 side then we are wronged all over the forums for it. If they are on the winning side with the 15+ SRF guys we get told to calm down and relax about it.

ffs ive stopped playing PR for the last week or two cos I cannot be dealing with all this shite, 8 guys loading in fooking every one else game up cos they all want to be switched to the same side, then pissin and moaning if they get auto balanced due to the above self inflicted actions.

Heres an Idea, the servers that dont run very often. How about this. for 1 week *NwA* turns off its server and helps seed SRF or 3dac or any of the others. We *NwA* will all play on the same side and the admins of the clan server or there members have to split across both teams to balance the side. We dont greif and we play by the rules like we do on our own server.

Im just sick to the f*****g roof of wrong if we do wrong if we dont, short memory, held to ransome PR elite nomadic no home clans. WHo think they have an opinion and know how much work gose into making THERE PLAY TIME FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put it even more simply than that. ONCE IN A f**kin WHILE JUST SAY THANKS

rant over. peace

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger_6 Thu 19 Jan - 19:00:19

Do you take the idea from wikipedia protesting against SOPA by making its content unavailable?

Although a bold move, it may be interpreted as an arrogant one.
Danger_6
Danger_6

Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bounty Thu 19 Jan - 19:00:52

Orford wrote:Heres an Idea, the servers that dont run very often. How about this. for 1 week *NwA* turns off its server and helps seed SRF or 3dac or any of the others. We *NwA* will all play on the same side and the admins of the clan server or there members have to split across both teams to balance the side. We dont greif and we play by the rules like we do on our own server.

Oh man, if we did that I can't wait to watch General discussion explode on realitymod, we should totally do it and wreck everyone's minds lol
Bounty
Bounty
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 19 Jan - 19:10:00

Not arrogant at all, just a sugestion so our members have some where to play. We arnt the best players by any means but there is enough of use that helping to seed another server so they can be admins while we take a break blow of some steam and get back to playing. Then may be they should of come to us first.

Dear *NwA* we xyzclan would like to help you take a new years holiday. We would like to help you blow of some steam from looking after us and providing us with a great place to play PR. We xyz clan would like and hope for you to join us on our server and be our guest. We will do the admining and like i said already give your guys a chance to just play the game. We will handle all the other stuff.
In return you will be helping us to seed our server so that the PR public can see what a good job we do, thus making the PR comunity and available severs more populated.
Hope fully you will take us up on our offer.
Most of all us at xyzclan want you to take this as a thank you to your admins and come and have some fun.

Yours xyz clan.

Spell check and copy and paste adding your clan name where xyzclan.

Or just post a thank you, we`ll watch the team stacking from now on.

I did come on to edit my post as i went a bit phsyco, but wtf its nothing we all arnt thinking.

Last edited by Orford on Thu 19 Jan - 19:12:32; edited 1 time in total

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Thu 19 Jan - 19:12:00

Count me in Orford, lets take over the other dudes servers and see how they handle them apples.. muhahahhahahahahaaaa! :)
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 19 Jan - 19:13:48

Im not on about taking over at all G, just go play some where else play by there rules, respect the admins. Just PLAY THE GAME we need to unwind and they need the experiance ;-)

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Thu 19 Jan - 19:23:36

I know dude, just joking, but I'm still up for it though, should be back online in PR tomorrow around evening. :)

G OuT!
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger_6 Thu 19 Jan - 19:57:04

What I mean by "it could be interpreted as arrogant" is that some may think that we may close our servers under the pretense that people can't live without us because we are a brilliant clan.

(not saying that we aren't (: !)
Danger_6
Danger_6

Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bounty Thu 19 Jan - 20:06:16

We'll just claim it was an act against SOPA, sitting behind that excuse giggling away.
Bounty
Bounty
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vistamaster01 Thu 19 Jan - 20:10:22

Proposed Sugestion:

Lets say whe are on the AAS server...

You have 10 *NwA* dudes playing.

You put 5 on each team.

Kinda solves it Razz

vistamaster01

Registration date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Thu 19 Jan - 20:16:03

My rant was abit out of order.

So back to reality, we will adress the situation as and when it becomes an issue. If the server is running smooth with either team slightly stacked its not an issue. Just be aware if asked to help balance as the smart tags balance rules say please do so.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 19 Jan - 20:32:37

Personally i think the only thing to do with this situation is.. when SRF are online + some other big clans like 3dAC and Slorg's guys the best thing to do for the server is to get all the *NwA* lads on the opposite side wit the pubbers.

I no i would enjoy that alot.. people are saying its not good when your on a crap team with no teamwork etc.. etc.. but when your on the side with all the players and teamwork and you steam roll the game, thats just as bad!

SRF , 3dAC , 301 , Slorg's guys.. are all a pleasure to have on the server.. i have had alot of great games with them all 3dAC + 301 especially!

all am saying is you might think these guys are causing a problem atm.. but really there is enough *NwA* to have a little public clan war most nights.

am rambling on now so ill leave it there :) hope it makes sense to you lot as my brain just about digested it itself..
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Daze Thu 19 Jan - 20:33:36

This beeing looked at and will be addressed the way we see fit, meanwhile am locking this thread to stop it being blown way out of line peace
Daze
Daze
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down