*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

piece of s**t computer...

+5
Naytdawg
speedhound1-WYD-
Jay Scott
ULTralViolet.xxx
SwaggerNL
9 posters

Go down

piece of s**t computer... Empty piece of s**t computer...

Post by SwaggerNL Wed 23 Nov - 19:54:25

So i was downloading stronghold 3 this afternoon and when i came back from work nothing seemed wrong, at first.....

then i wanted to start PR but it said it couldnt find the .exe, thinking it was an accident i tried some other games and o no what do i F*ing find!? all games are gone. gone gone gone! Sooo right now im downloading bf2 again since my cd is broken and after that i need to get the pr patches. since my dl speed is like 200kb/s max it'll probably take me a couple of days to start playing pr with you guys again and finally get on the teamspeak server(oh just thinking: need to download that again aswell)

AARGH!?!!!
confused
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

piece of s**t computer... Empty Re: piece of s**t computer...

Post by ULTralViolet.xxx Wed 23 Nov - 20:52:23

lol i feel your pain swagger my hard drive packed up a year ago and when i got a new one couldnt find my windows xp disk so was at least 2 days finding that, then i had to download PR an install it took me about 3 days, BUT, this time when you download PR put it ALL ON DISK MUN!! then if anything like that happens again you wont have to download it again. make a few copies an keep them in cases thumbsup put everything you download that you need onto disk cant go wrong
ULTralViolet.xxx
ULTralViolet.xxx

Registration date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Wed 23 Nov - 21:50:20

Yeah i was actually gonna put all the downloaded files i had(untill today...) on a harddisk tomorrow but well you can guess the rest hahaha

thanks for the advice Im definitly doing it now!
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Wed 23 Nov - 22:28:28

Or you could just buy your games through steam! then you can take them to any pc were ever you are =]

Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Thu 24 Nov - 3:31:19

could you not just roll back ?

or has your HD gone terminal ?

restore is a usefull tool that works more often than not, give it a go, what have you to lose ?

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 24 Nov - 10:31:01

ABC - Easy as 123!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Fri 25 Nov - 11:28:48

Haha read this to late cuz i dl'ed bf2 last night, just gonna install it tomorrow cuz i have to work all daay and then play again on sundaaaaay:D
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Sun 27 Nov - 21:35:41

Little update on the shitty computer, please help me and read this small wall of text and get me back on pr :(
(I copied this post from the PR forums, just thought I'd post it here aswell because I feel no one ever really looks in the support section in the PR forums)

Not sure if this is exactly the right section to post this in but I think it is so here goes!

3 days ago I started downloading stronghold 3 and went out to work. When I came back sh3 had finished downloading but I just wanted to play some PR, so I tried to start it but the shortcut didn't work, turns out all of my games(except bf3 and fable 3) are gone... yeah that sucked but never mind I'll just download and install it all again, but that was when all hell broke loose:

I bought bf2 4 years ago but my cd broke in half so I downloaded bf2 from the internet. After the succesfull download and a succesfull installation bf2 started and I retrieved my account, then I downloaded patch 1.41 full and tried to install it but on about 1 or 2% it says patching failed and the patching menu comes up again and says patching has been succesfull(which i highly doubt).... when I tried to start up BF2 after the "patch", it just goes black for a second and then goes back to my desktop.... I searched the internet and found and tried several things:

-installed bf2 again and tried to patch again (=Patching failed, black screen etc)
-installed bf2 again, downloaded patch 1.3 and tried to install that one(=patching failed, black screen)

I play on windows 7 and have a desktop with a 1680x1050 resolution..

I really hope you guys can help me out so I can roam the battlefield once more....
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Mon 28 Nov - 8:19:47

your in a muddle.

slow down.

when you DL'd Sh3 where do you think the rest of your programs went ?

was it only games that were wiped ?

do you use steam or desura type auto DL type programs ?

ok you have for obvious reasons concentrated on Bf2 + mods, the other games that got wiped that you haven't tried to get back, are they gone gone or is there still a registry entry for them, if there is then there probably still is for your original Bf2 load.

when you try to run Bf2 +/- mods what error message do you get ? PR.EXE failed ? etc etc

is your HD partitioned and if so have you infected only 1 partition (or seperate HD drive) ?

you could still try a restore, consider it.

try to list exactly what has happened, find out if others have had problems with Sh3 ?

????

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Mon 28 Nov - 11:30:26

It wasn't only games that were wiped, I lost xfire, msn messenger and all the office products aswell. For downloads I use bittorent,and download from piratebay(mostly).

I couldn't find a registry entry for any of my wiped games, but after I installed Company of Heroes again I could play it without any problems.

When I run battlefield 2(without patches), it starts and I'm able to play. The problem is that as soon as I tried to install the patches(tried to install 1.3 full and I tried to install 1.4 full) it stops installing the patch at about 1 or 2% giving a popup screen that says "Patching Faild". When I try to start up the game then, it gives the battlefield 2 screen op the desktop, goes fully black as if its loading, and then goes back to desktop without any error message whatsoever.

For the problems with sh3, i read 5 pages of reactions to the torrent, none with bad reactions..
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Mon 28 Nov - 11:35:47

Oh god guys just a quickie update, found a really vague internet site which says it will install if I disable norton antivirus(which I happen to have).

Going to work now, but I'll let you know if it works

Thanks a lot speed for your help and time! Next time I see u on PR I might just not shoot you^^
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Mon 28 Nov - 11:37:09

Quite frankly...

Don't ever pirate games

You will lose.
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Mon 28 Nov - 14:56:37

But pirating games is good for the environment and against global warming! You don't have to take the car to the mall to buy a pre-packaged DVD made from non-recycled materials!

/troll logic Razz
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Mon 28 Nov - 15:58:22

^^
Tree hugged!

OT, run the patch as admin after turning off your anti virus. also you need to find the cause of your "lost"files or it will just happen again.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Mon 28 Nov - 16:17:29

I know nayt, but my disk broke in 2 and so I do have a legit code you know, just needed to download the game cuz i don't have the cd anymore..

Yeah I know orford, just had hitman pro do a complete sweep(found 3 trojans hmmm), and tonight I'll let norton do the same :)
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Mon 28 Nov - 17:51:48

Hurrah problem solved! disabling Norton worked, now just need to download all the pr files and install those...
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Orford Mon 28 Nov - 18:08:04

I'd let norton hit the back of the bin. It's bloated and as you have found out it doesn't work. Takes about 20%of your PC resources.

Orford
Orford
Orford

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Mon 28 Nov - 18:46:53

Not to be a wise arse but....

If you just had REMOVED or even better NEVER installed that crappy wannabe anti virus program you wouldn't have any problems like that, ever.
All my "geek" friends say the exact same thing = NORTON IS CRAP, NORTON WILL F#CK your pc up.

Had Norton installed on my laptop when I bought it, took me no less than 0.1sec to decide if I was gonna keep it or not.. Wink

Now I'm using Avira Internet Security 2012 from Antivir with a 2 year license, didn't cost me much but it has never failed me once though, not even when I just used the free version.

G OuT!
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Mon 28 Nov - 21:24:01

Haha tell that to my parents G.... They think norton's the only thing that'll ever work, probably no way to get them to change their mind since they heard that from some computergeek who actually works for norton haha
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Tue 29 Nov - 4:00:40

Why do ppl hate norton? It's served me fine for years... Tho maybe I've always had a ton of ram for it to chew up and not noticed
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SwaggerNL Tue 29 Nov - 20:43:25

Last post here:

I had a lot more trouble with being able to join bf2 servers(pb kicked for application denied- which I traced back to Norton being a pain in the butt yet again) so I deleted norton and now use avira free (thanks G) and now 'm able to play both PR aswell as BF2 online again.... Thanks a lot for all the help and I'll see you guys tomorrow!
SwaggerNL
SwaggerNL
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Tue 29 Nov - 20:58:59

No probs mate. :) Free anti virus program for the win! :) hehe
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Crenshaw Fri 2 Dec - 15:48:20

I use Avast! Anti-Virus and that piece has never failed me. Isn't it a shame when free anti-viruses that have some things disabled (unless you pay for an upgrade) work better than full, legit, subscription only based AVs?
Crenshaw
Crenshaw
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum