*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel

+15
speedhound1-WYD-
[301]Flap32
Nixy23
Jay Scott
capitan
TheShaydeeOne
Robskiet
Tarranauha200
Xazper
Chris_Kampfgurke
ivandobsky
ukVandal
Jevski
Dobbeh
curry-chicken
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel Empty The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel

Post by curry-chicken Wed 6 Jul - 17:45:33

Hello everyone,

in this thread i wanted to discuss about another rule. i know my forum activity is paranormal these days. i did had some serious discussions with some of u about this topic.

[+] & [-]

[+] more and better teamwork
[+] better game exp
[+] if people want to get an asset they have to use mumble
[+] mumble is awesome
[+] great promotion for mumble

[-] more work for the admins
[-] may more traffic in SL chan, cant say if we can reach a higher lvl than the current^^

how often did we played and we needed something (CAS, transport, crates, etc). I talked to vince and he said the main problem would be for the admins to check if every SL is in the SL chan. IMO there is a pretty easy solution:
at the beginning of the round u can check by simple talk to all SL's if every asset is present. i know some guys of u which are using a 2nd screen which is also helpfull to check whos in SL chan and whos not. vince also said that hes waiting for the next PR mumble release. thats may gonna take some time, i dont got any intel about mumble (may its the only big thing with is getting released in the next patch).

im sry for the structure of my post (if theres any :D)

i would like to hear what the NWA community thinks about this? and we may can change something.

cheers
curry
curry-chicken
curry-chicken

Registration date : 2010-10-26

Back to top Go down

The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel Empty Re: The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel

Post by Dobbeh Wed 6 Jul - 18:04:42

I personally think that having EVERY SL in mumble is a sign of a great team. Especially the heavy assets.

Giving a EXACT location and description on enemy movements (lets say a tank column) is easier over mumble, instead of typing it out. Allowing you to give the exact, up to date position of the tanks (and info when your laze is up of cause...) would make the job for the jets/heavy attack choppers much easier.

Last edited by Dobbeh on Wed 6 Jul - 18:08:08; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : mistakes all over the place...)

Dobbeh

Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel Empty Re: The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel

Post by Jevski Wed 6 Jul - 18:10:10

I would say wait till the next version of pr, and mumble.
Right now I rarely enter the SL channel. There just is too much talk and not enough radio discipline.

The talk there must be short and precise.

In the next mumble ive heard that you should be able to whisper to a specific sqd, and alot of other improvements.
Jevski
Jevski

Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ukVandal Wed 6 Jul - 18:42:35

Curry although I agree with you. I think our admins have enough to do without giving them more to do.

We just have to accept that public server have public in them I'm afraid.

ukVandal
Vandal
Vandal

Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ivandobsky Wed 6 Jul - 18:51:43

^^ what he said. thumbsup
ivandobsky
ivandobsky

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Kampfgurke Wed 6 Jul - 18:53:20

ukVandal wrote:We just have to accept that public server have public in them I'm afraid.

LOL Vandal :D
But basicly true... pubbies are our favorite victims, so we cant kick/ban them for NOT doing something(exept being idle).
It took me allmost 10 months, since i started to use mumble myself...
Chris_Kampfgurke
Chris_Kampfgurke
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Wed 6 Jul - 19:30:51

I've had this idea myself a few times. About too much chatter: Tell them to STFU and keep it to local/squad chat. I did that today as the bastards were chatting and laughing so loud I couldn't even hear my own effing gunfire!
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Wed 6 Jul - 20:50:23

Dont use mumble for anything not needed. Everything non-critical should be said via teamchat or if the channel is quiet.

Example what happens now: Jdam dropped
Sl1: Hahaha, got them nice job man
Sl2: Yeah nice!!!
Sl3: Epic man
Sl4: Thx, my best jdam eva lol.
CO: Nice job squads, nice job!

This is really annoying epecially if you are listening to someone talking/or trying to hear surroundings.

1 channel mumble was good

Tarranauha200

Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by curry-chicken Wed 6 Jul - 22:28:29

i totally agree that the SL chan is way over spammed. but there is no problem we cant handle together. we can write a guideline, do tutorials how to talk in SL chan. cmn guys where is ur energy? be creative and win the fight.

sometimes ive to leave the SL chan because there is so much spamm. ive to work on my own skills ofc. to tell vince that hes g*y it not that important i guess.

Curry.
curry-chicken
curry-chicken

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Wed 6 Jul - 22:33:18

Just mute the spammer for 5 minutes, next time its 10 and so on.
They get the idea.

Tarranauha200

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Wed 6 Jul - 22:44:32

I just abuse the spammer, me and chris were telling people a few time to quit the chatter, and they did Wink
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaydeeOne Wed 6 Jul - 23:47:28

One of the most basic things to do is just to ask. I've been getting a pretty good success rate of just asking assets to get on mumble. At the very least just getting one member of an asset squad into SL is enough, they can relay farely well.

Also the same when it comes to innane chatter in SL, it's going to happen all the time. Heck, you've done it a lot Curry, we all have :p A lot of the past few games you've raged out of the SL channel after saying 'We don't need this useless chatter,' they've actually stopped most of it and you've already gone lol
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Wed 6 Jul - 23:51:23

I do find that alot of people in SL are not actually SLs. I'm guilty of it myself at times as well, sometimes we have more in SL than normal. I think only the SLs (or one representative if the SL has too much on, sorta like a radio operator) from inf/trans/CAS squads, and maybe each tank/apc driver should really be in the SL channel. Relay messages through SLs.

Maybe a little guide to keep things precise and brief (something I also fail at). However, SL channel is sometimes really useful for talking tactics with other squads and planning a few flags ahead, which ends up being a bit spammy, but you can mute if you need to?

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Thu 7 Jul - 0:10:12

Am always in SL channel, If the SL channel is not discipliner! then tell who ever it is to STFU! works for me.

Curry i wish it was a rule! its just a hard one to enforce. The only way around it is to make the server mumble only! maybe now we have more than one server we can try somthing on one of them?
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Thu 7 Jul - 0:52:40

I'm usually in SL channel myself as well. It's good to listen to sitreps as they happen, and not having to rely on a squad-leader to pass on (or more likely not! passing on) the intel.

Yeah, it's sometimes a bit spammy, and yeah, I sometimes leave the channel as well, but in general it works pretty good for me. Even though I might have to reduce the number of 'reports' I make in SL myself.

Whenever I'm in an asset squad I always tell the squad to have at least 1 (driver or gunner) of each vehicle to be in the SL channel. They don't have to say anything, just listening is enough.

However as it stands we still cannot force people to join mumble. It would be too much work, I concur, and would most likely call for some bad publicity if we end up kicking people from the server due to them not using a 3rd party application.

This has also been mentioned before most likely, but a check at the start of a round could prevent some people not being in the SL channel. Why at the start? Well, because you're not -actively- busy with the game yet, and it's easier to tell APC's/Tanks not to leave the base until they have their mumble sorted out. However I, or rather WE, cannot ask other people (admins are people too, right?) to keep checking as the game progresses. There's simply too much going on to keep a constant tab on who's in and who's not.

If and when I get a blue shield (wishful thinking, right?) I can attempt to watch it with some more ease, as I always have my laptop open which I can also run mumble on to check without alt-tabbing. But that future is still far away and clouded as hell. But like I said, I'm not sure if the community will respond kindly to the resigning of squad-members and the possible kicking people from the server as a result Razz
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Thu 7 Jul - 1:01:57

capitan wrote:

Maybe a little guide to keep things precise and brief (something I also fail at). However, SL channel is sometimes really useful for talking tactics with other squads and planning a few flags ahead, which ends up being a bit spammy, but you can mute if you need to?

You can walk to the other SL and use local.

Tarranauha200

Back to top Go down

Post by [301]Flap32 Thu 7 Jul - 1:28:08

Hmmm guys just a word :

Nobody in the world lead in silence , you have to do with SL channel and voice distinction in your brain , otherwise you may not be able to lead efficiently ,and with PR: ARMA it's gonna be a whole new ball game with ACRE and all the level of communication to manage.

I often hear people asking for a quiet SL channel as we are only giving informations and sitreps. Once more you CAN NOT have silence or quiet SL channel ,it's a place of information and even with military formation you need to get information up ,ask for them when needed , remember sitreps to other SL that may be in your paths , and I can go on for a while like that Wink

Simple rule : DO NOT LEAD IF YOU CANT BEAR WITH SL MUMB CHANN

Oh , and more on the topic : yes I think there should be a rule for all heavy asset user to be on mumble

Y

[301]Flap32

Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Thu 7 Jul - 2:02:04

I really agree with this rule, hell if you implement it, I'll apply for Junior Admin, happily pay you and check the game and mumble channels that people using assets are in mumble SL.

Of course there are going to be more people in SL, however, if we right a scrolling rule that says "strict military protocol in SL, no BLABBERING" People will soon enough get the message. I think this would also attract more experienced and better players from other servers, who would also be willing to pay for a reserved squad.

I think we should maybe give this a try for a week, see how it goes. I'm up for the challlenge and willing to help NWA build and keep the reputation of being one of the best servers in Project Reality.

thumbsup
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Thu 7 Jul - 2:12:18

by all means ask people who are talking about non relevant things to keep the sl chann clean but whats the one thing worse than a sl chann that's noisy ? one that's quiet, that's the bit just before your team loses.....ok as for enforcing mum on heavy assets, your asking admins to possibly disband squads that may well already be in the field, it can take a long time just to clean up the mess of a duplicate squad let alone a legitimate squad....the technology isn't there yet and i'm not going to umpire PR and i don't know any other admin that would, well maybe at £35 per hour i might think about it...sorry curry but this suggestion is just bad timing i guess, we have the traditional summer holiday kid griefers on and at the moment its a pure nightmare being an admin, please people give some thought to our struggles...today, 2 bans, 3 temp bans and i lost count of kicks plus a whole heap of racist abuse directed toward me on mumble (that we/no one has, any effective admins for) now i don't regret being an admin for a server i really like but on a scale of 1-10 on its positive effects to your enjoyment of PR its a a big fat 1 people, please don't ask any more of us.

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KingPaavo Thu 7 Jul - 6:19:35

I've had some serious difficulties in the previous games playing SL, and being on the SL channel. The SL channel spam is just too much for me. I can't give orders to my squad members without somebody interrupting me. If I'm lucky, the squad members are good players and can work without babysitting. Most of the time however, the players are umm... challenging individuals, and you really have to spend a lot of time telling them what to do.

TBH I think a good commander with only VOIP, can be a lot more helpful to the team than mumble SL. The commander gets all the information from the squads, and can figure out what information should be passed on and to whom. However, if the SLs learned to use the SL radio to mark enemies etc. on the map, that would remove the need for some of the Mumble SL SPAM. Calling out every single target on mumble SL is not neccessary!

With the correct radio protocol (short & quick) the mumble SL channel will do wonders for teamwork.

KingPaavo

Registration date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Thu 7 Jul - 12:15:15

^
Agreed

Tarranauha200

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Thu 7 Jul - 12:39:31

I agree there should be an increase in markers used to report information to the rest of the team, however I find the method of doing that taking up way too much time when you're advancing or retreating. Set attack marker, find range, set range, place marker on just-about-that-range, so it may or may not be the actual location.. whilst standing still with your radio out. No thanks when I need to run for my life. For armour it's even worse. They are barely ever stationary so marks are pointless, unless it's a camping tank. By the time the CAS picked up on the marker the APC has moved 600 meters already.

That's where SL channel comes in. To report the APC moving in x and y direction. Or to report a heavy enemy presence in an area. I really don't mind people doing that. I know there's a lot of people feeling that it's not the way to go, but on a public server with some competitive drive to win (as our servers have) you will need such reports and communiques to win. It's a whole other thing if you're just with your clan or what not, but on a public server it's too much to ask.
Nixy23
Nixy23

Back to top Go down

Post by KingPaavo Thu 7 Jul - 13:14:08

Well I think that with enough practise the SL radio is quick enough to use. Think of this:

Method 1 - SL radio

You spot enemy, and engage them. SL sets attack marker, finds range, sets range, places marker. A message "enemy xxxx spotted" will display for everyone, and everyone can see the enemy marker immidiately on the map.

Method 2 - Mumble SL

You spot enemy, and engage them. SL sets attack marker, looks at the map and has to figure out the exact grids of the enemy (for example A3kp2), and then he calls on mumble SL "Enemy infantry spotted at A3kp2". Next all other SL will open the map, but because they cannot see a marker, they also have to search for A3kp2 and possibly place their own marker on the grids. As they are doing this, other reports are coming in from mumble SL at the same time. To me, this is time consuming and confusing in the midst of a firefight!

Method 3 - Combination of both

You mainly use the SL radio to mark targets. If there really is no time and you need act fast, you use mumble SL to give a short quick call, for example: "Enemy APC on SQ2, need AT-support". When it comes to those APC/ARMOUR markers, you can always ask for a verification. If SQ2 spotted an APC and placed the marker, you can ask "SQ2 is the APC marker accurate, is it moving or stationary?". Simple, effective, fast.

KingPaavo

Registration date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jevski Thu 7 Jul - 13:53:04

Method 4
When commander present, press Q then select spot enemy. And tell the Co over voip what it is
Jevski
Jevski

Back to top Go down

Post by curry-chicken Thu 7 Jul - 14:32:13

KingPaavo wrote:I've had some serious difficulties in the previous games playing SL, and being on the SL channel. The SL channel spam is just too much for me. I can't give orders to my squad members without somebody interrupting me. If I'm lucky, the squad members are good players and can work without babysitting. Most of the time however, the players are umm... challenging individuals, and you really have to spend a lot of time telling them what to do.

TBH I think a good commander with only VOIP, can be a lot more helpful to the team than mumble SL. The commander gets all the information from the squads, and can figure out what information should be passed on and to whom. However, if the SLs learned to use the SL radio to mark enemies etc. on the map, that would remove the need for some of the Mumble SL SPAM. Calling out every single target on mumble SL is not neccessary!

With the correct radio protocol (short & quick) the mumble SL channel will do wonders for teamwork.

i totally agree there must be more use of the radio. what do u think guys? we're getting 3-4 guys together and we're working on a mumble guide. if there is to much traffic in SL chan we gonna start screaming "to shut up and read the guidelines @ nwa-clan.com".

@kingpaavo: method 3!

@jev: when im playing as CO my markers are never ready. cause placing waypoints or demolishing fobs. im always telling the sqd to spott it on its on (if its able - to tank sqd is bad in spotting with the radio) AND more important the SL's can spott more specific like sniper / spotter. as SL u can place 3 markers on the map. if ure placing the 4th one the 1st is disappearing.
curry-chicken
curry-chicken

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Thu 7 Jul - 16:53:00

Recon helis+commander ftw(?)

Tarranauha200

Back to top Go down

Post by Wicca Thu 7 Jul - 20:59:58

Next PR Mumble update. Enforce mumble on your server :)

Wicca

Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by curry-chicken Thu 7 Jul - 21:39:51

Wicca wrote:Next PR Mumble update. Enforce mumble on your server :)

omg i hate u so much. i said give me some support and not sabotage my idea. but what if the next PR mumble release is not in the next patch? and we all know how slow the DEV are in releasing new stuff.
curry-chicken
curry-chicken

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Fri 8 Jul - 2:35:32

^ conspiracy ? lol.......USE YOUR RADIO...no excuse, people who think its difficult or time consuming are exactly the people who need to use it more, once practiced it takes about 2-3 seconds to lay that marker down and if you don't your simply not a team player as you clearly don't give a sh*t if your team wonders into an ambush, also marking moving targets is better than no mark at all, it at very least tells your team theres a tank etc in that region at about that time. Also you don't need line of sight to use the radio, why would you not generically mark a tank in (whatever the grid) generic keypad 6 ? what ? your not sure if its key 2 or 3 so you wont mark it ? really ? c'mon. every squad leader gets 3 markers contemporaneously, that's the potential of 27 markers on the map per team, sorry but very very often i can only ever see my 3.....like i said once your practiced you can do it in seconds and yes you can do it whilst being shot at...as for SL mum chann being to noisy just tune your ears !! if squads 3, 6, 7 and 9 are 2 km away west just ignore their reports, i mean if your in a pub do you listen to every tables conversation even though you can hear them clearly ? or do you listen to your mates talking about their day at work etc ? this is all a bit of a storm in a tea cup imo.......bit of topic, if next mum ver requires 9 keys (or more) to work where can i get a programmable numeric pad that i can use as a comms keypad ? anyone know ? i hate all the stupid key bindings and conflicts etc, how on earth will we be able to do it when we need a ton more keys ? any idea's ?

speedhound1-WYD-

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Fri 8 Jul - 11:55:31

You make a good point there Speed. I'm already out of buttons to press with TS, Mumble, VOIP and my games keybinds. I'm not getting a G15 for the 12 extra keys that are in a shitty position, to get some more mute/specific squad channel keys.

Guess we will see how thoroughly they DIDN'T think this through when it finally gets released.
Nixy23
Nixy23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Fri 8 Jul - 12:01:16

Iv never read so much in my life!

my reading skills and typing are coming along great =]
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Jevski Fri 8 Jul - 16:05:56

Speed the problem with the SL channel is that even though its about a sqd thats far away and no interest to me. It is still loud, and may block out another report, I was getting on local mumle or VOIP.

If your at the pub and some drunk moron at the next table is yelling louder than your friend, would you still be able to hear him?
Jevski
Jevski

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Sat 9 Jul - 11:55:20

Jeviski that's an odd argument to put forwards. It's a radio system; everyone's going to be the same volume.

What we would really need are different radio nets (Infantry, armour, CAS, etc.) and better radio discipline.
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Sat 9 Jul - 12:21:42

So what I've noticed in the past two days. Ever since this cropped up on the forums everyone's suddenly going all nazi in the SL channel. Whenever someone says just 1 word that may or may not have something to do with a report, there's people going "OMFG SHUT UP IN SL".

I really can't see that being the way forward >.<
Nixy23
Nixy23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 9 Jul - 12:56:56

Jevski stay out the Channel and leave the Top dogs to the Squad leading!

And that drunk in the pub would be me Haaaar Haaaar! :drunken:

peace
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Jevski Sat 9 Jul - 13:05:20

speed, why is that an odd argument. It depends on several factors.

First, how loud does the guy speak. How good is his microphone.

Not every1 has their ingame voip set to the excat volume as Mumble.

If you take two sound waves, and put them over each other, the one with the higher volume, will tune out the other unless the frequency is very differerent.

Nix, It could be that we just had enough of it.
Everyone has their personal limit. Hearing over mumbel "whee I just headshot that lame sniper" isnt helpfull for any1.

More usefull would be "sniper in b2 kp4 is down"
Jevski
Jevski

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 9 Jul - 13:08:15

This read is getting Stupid.

Take it from me ( a Squad Leader always ) SL mumble is not spammed on our server.

Now and then (very rear) there is abit of banter nothing Major! Like i said if you dont like it then stay out! ( i hope this thread gets locked )
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by curry-chicken Sat 9 Jul - 13:14:10

so no mumble released!
curry-chicken
curry-chicken

Back to top Go down

Post by Jevski Sat 9 Jul - 13:18:09

Jay Scott wrote:Jevski stay out the Channel and leave the Top dogs to the Squad leading!
And that drunk in the pub would be me Haaaar Haaaar! :drunken:
The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel 666915

Yep lets scare anyone away who wants to have a tactical game. I rather have we try to be like TG than =HOG=
The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel 666915

Edit:

Our mumble is not spammed? In comparison to what? Have you tried playing on TG for a while?

And stay out? Wtf is this the kindergarden?
I could just as well say if you dont like the tactical gameplay and seriousness of PR, go play vanilla with 12 year old kids, screaming with high pitch voices.

And why lock? If yo have nothing else to add, than "then dont use the SL channel" why not just stay out of the thread.
Other players here are trying to discuss the aspect of correct use of mumble, and using short precise instructions, and perhaps writing a guide.
Jevski
Jevski

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Sat 9 Jul - 13:42:49

@ Jev "speed, why is that an odd argument" Deadly said that not me. as for a guide i believe Mr Chicken is near completion of just such a thing !!!!!! though if you want to hear the SL chann being used properly listen to MasterGG !!! (and me or course)

speedhound1-WYD-

Back to top Go down

Post by Jevski Sat 9 Jul - 13:50:23

Oh my bad speed, im at work and tired as hell.
Looking forward to see what chicken has made.
Jevski
Jevski

Back to top Go down

Post by curry-chicken Sat 9 Jul - 16:47:00

its still wip. im done with how to talk but i need to finish the part about "using the SL button for that situation or not". it should be done tomorrow.
curry-chicken
curry-chicken

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterG Sun 10 Jul - 9:58:47

speedhound1-WYD- wrote: Though if you want to hear the SL chann being used properly listen to MasterG !!! (and me of course)

The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel 879428 The call of duty - or all heavy assets have to be in mumble SQUADLEADER channel 666915
MasterG
MasterG
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 10 Jul - 12:24:35

Jevski i prefer to play on our own server. and you cannot argue with me on this subject!

I play PR 10x more than you i play as a team and am well known for it on the server ( were are you ) you carry on taking logi trucks to random places on your own and getting killed and ill kick you for teamwork myself.

PEACE!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Jevski Sun 10 Jul - 13:49:52

Scott we are trying to discuss, and improve the use of mumble, as soon as you dont agree, you try to shut down the thread, or tell people to just leave mumble all together.

"Jevski i prefer to play on our own server. and you cannot argue with me on this subject!"

And I prefer to use mumble. What gives you the right to say stay out of SL channel when I and others try to improve its use.

"I play PR 10x more than you i play as a team and am well known for it on
the server"

And my dad can beat you dad...as I said we are trying to improve the use of mumble, if you cant join in the discussion in a mature way. Please refrain from personal attacks.
Its called building fobs for the team.

you carry on taking logi trucks to random
places on your own and getting killed and ill kick you for teamwork
myself.
"

Its called building fobs, or a Logistic sqd.

Last edited by Jevski on Sun 10 Jul - 13:54:14; edited 1 time in total
Jevski
Jevski

Back to top Go down

Post by Jevski Sun 10 Jul - 13:53:38

deadly22sniper wrote:Jeviski that's an odd argument to put forwards. It's a radio system; everyone's going to be the same volume.

What we would really need are different radio nets (Infantry, armour, CAS, etc.) and better radio discipline.

I think ive seen that mentioned somewhere about the new Mumble thats comming. That is possible to whisper to a specific sqd, or channel.
And that it should put you in the correct channel when you join a Pr server.
Jevski
Jevski

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sun 10 Jul - 14:03:28

The only reason i am aiming this towards you Jevski! is because more and more often i see you join the game, You never join a squad your always unassigned and driving logi trucks with no support to places. After this fails you then go idle blocking a potential mumbler from joining the server. And as far as i am aware we are still discussing the matter? are we not???

Maybe if you played as a Squad leader and was involved in the teamwork we have on our server everynight i could have this discussion with you. But since you dont its gone a little offtopic.

Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by curry-chicken Sun 10 Jul - 14:11:00

https://nwa-clan.darkbb.com/t3744-3dac-a-guide-to-radio-communication-and-squadleader-radio#34137

may we can add a rule if some is spamming the SL that we're using !r scotty is spamming SL chan. and scotty gets warned to read the guide.

Curry.
curry-chicken
curry-chicken

Back to top Go down

Post by Jevski Sun 10 Jul - 15:33:15

Jay Scott wrote:The only reason i am aiming this towards you Jevski! is because more and more often i see you join the game, You never join a squad your always unassigned and driving logi trucks with no support to places. After this fails you then go idle blocking a potential mumbler from joining the server. And as far as i am aware we are still discussing the matter? are we not???

Maybe if you played as a Squad leader and was involved in the teamwork we have on our server everynight i could have this discussion with you. But since you dont its gone a little offtopic.

Scott,

The only thing you have added to this discussion, that is about mumble, is saying that if people are spamming to say Shut up, stay out of the channel, and lock the thread.

If you have nothing else to add to this why are you still attacking me?

Last edited by Jevski on Sun 10 Jul - 15:56:25; edited 1 time in total
Jevski
Jevski

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Sun 10 Jul - 15:51:33

I think jevski does very important job. He goes to the side where there are no admins and then he manages with all the asset wasters and griefers while sacrificing his own game.

Respect

Tarranauha200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next