*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAS tips

+6
Bang2Rights
Jay Scott
Vincent
Tarranauha200
Robskiet
Universal_Anvil
10 posters

Go down

CAS tips Empty CAS tips

Post by Universal_Anvil Sat 2 Jul - 1:11:01

Hi there, just wanted to start this threat to learn more about the ideal cas tactics and weapons usage. If you guys want to share your knowledge pls go ahead.

• I consider the Kashan chooper version the most suitable for chooper training and learning new tactics. sometimes I see that no matter how much you flare the enemy pilot shots you down with the AA. So I ask.... is that because they dont wait for a lock on and shoot before you get the warning sound or is there something else behind it? Shooting AA few seconds before you get a solid lock on the targets seems like a pretty nasty tactics because the missile swings towards the target you locked after you shot the AA. the enemy pilot flares out but usually too late to get away from the blast radius. tried this today on Kashan and it seemed to work well.
  • one more thing.... is there a way to turn a jet faster? who saw BOT piloted jets flying knows what Iam talking about. They can virtualy turn their jets on a penny:)
thanks for more cas tips,Universal_Anvil
Universal_Anvil
Universal_Anvil

Registration date : 2011-06-10

Back to top Go down

CAS tips Empty Re: CAS tips

Post by Robskiet Sat 2 Jul - 1:34:10

Yeah, the first tip I want to know how too.

I managed to avoid with Vincent a few nights ago the barrage of lock-ons we had :/ Recent days however, I haven't been so lucky.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Universal_Anvil Sat 2 Jul - 2:11:01

in general the AA tactics seems to me to be based on some percentage success ratio. Fuzzy logic. Even though you get a solid lockon some missiles just dont follow the target but fly straightforwards.
Universal_Anvil
Universal_Anvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Sat 2 Jul - 2:34:53

Probably needs to be posted on PR forums I think.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarranauha200 Sat 2 Jul - 8:01:48

I have one tactic that migth work.
If you are being chased by enemy heli, you can do loop to get behind it.

Tarranauha200

Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Sat 2 Jul - 8:10:46

Fly higher than the enemy

(I eat havoc for lunch lol)

Vincent
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2010-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Universal_Anvil Sat 2 Jul - 13:30:59

To spot enemy sooner than he spots you is trully the key. So the altitude really matters. But even then your success is not quarantied.

what is your tactics when you get AA locked in such a dogfight? I always flare but it seems to me that some pilots just wait with the AA missile until you have no more flares left and then they use the real AA strike. But again this waiting tactics is not aplicable very well against skilled oponents since you are down till the real dogfight begins :)
Universal_Anvil
Universal_Anvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Sat 2 Jul - 14:24:49

Tip of the day: Play Infantry!

What a Face-thumbsup
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Universal_Anvil Sat 2 Jul - 16:07:10

said by sumone who has a chooper in the sig :)
Universal_Anvil
Universal_Anvil

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang2Rights Sat 2 Jul - 17:57:54

Imagine your an Infantry squad advancing on the bunkers at Kashan.

Your closing on the compound, when one or two enemy guys pop out of the stairwell at the top of the bunker and start taking shots at you. How do you use CAS effectly to suppress the enemy whilst you continue your advance?

Request gun runs at right angles to your advancing squad. Alternatively, orientate the advance of your squad so that the strafing runs have most effect. In this case, you want the rounds to fall inside the door way of the top stair case. As the strafing is at right angles to you (approaching from the west), no round should fall close to your infantry.

Give the CAS SL the directions for his team to fly from North to South, strafing the target. If you advance your infantry from the west, you will be safe from friendly fire, closing quickly whilst the enemy keep their heads down.

Bang2Rights

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Universal_Anvil Sun 3 Jul - 1:17:02

yeah dream CAS action. thats how CAS should be used but the reality we see now is diferent:( I would love to see much more lazes for pilots during the round + more information from squad requesting it.

Universal_Anvil
Universal_Anvil

Back to top Go down

Post by H.sta Mon 4 Jul - 0:27:12

The missile is locked for half a second before you get the warning
H.sta
H.sta

Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthgato Fri 16 Sep - 13:23:29

Universal_Anvil wrote:Hi there, just wanted to start this threat to learn more about the ideal cas tactics and weapons usage. If you guys want to share your knowledge pls go ahead.

• I consider the Kashan chooper version the most suitable for chooper training and learning new tactics. sometimes I see that no matter how much you flare the enemy pilot shots you down with the AA. So I ask.... is that because they dont wait for a lock on and shoot before you get the warning sound or is there something else behind it? Shooting AA few seconds before you get a solid lock on the targets seems like a pretty nasty tactics because the missile swings towards the target you locked after you shot the AA. the enemy pilot flares out but usually too late to get away from the blast radius. tried this today on Kashan and it seemed to work well.
  • one more thing.... is there a way to turn a jet faster? who saw BOT piloted jets flying knows what Iam talking about. They can virtualy turn their jets on a penny:)

Well, if you spot an enemy chopper and you know he'll engage you should drop countermeasures beforehand. If you hear a lock and you haven't dropped flares already most of the times it means the missile has already been launched and flares can't help you anymore. You should still deploy countermeasures anyways, AA missiles tend to miss quite often and should help you avoid a lock for the second one.

The BOT jets have different handling. There is a CO-OP server which allows you to take BOT jets, they turn super fast and have infinite flares.

Last edited by Stealthgato on Fri 16 Sep - 13:51:16; edited 1 time in total
Stealthgato
Stealthgato

Registration date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by BXV-[Tr] Fri 16 Sep - 13:40:49

Universal_Anvil wrote:Hi there, just wanted to start this threat to learn more about the ideal cas tactics and weapons usage. If you guys want to share your knowledge pls go ahead.

Well mate , there are really lots of different situations in that case , for example how far the aa is to the chopper ? further it is , more chance you have to run away . And you have 1.5 secs to drop flares after you hear the sound . And as soon as you drop the flares , speed up and take a maneuver .

Yesterday , the oppenent chopper had altitude around 2500 , i spotted him first but he had the upper hand so i just ran away .
BXV-[Tr]
BXV-[Tr]
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FelixCopyCat Fri 16 Sep - 13:54:51

That was me! :)
FelixCopyCat
FelixCopyCat

Registration date : 2011-07-11