*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Computer.

+2
Naytdawg
Robskiet
6 posters

Go down

New Computer. Empty New Computer.

Post by Robskiet Tue 10 May - 22:32:58

Might be the wrong section but I feel like it's strongly ARMA related, as it needs to run this game Razz

So if anyone can tell me, a good pc through a website to get. I'd say my budget it $700, however, I'll take anything that can run the game at a playable level, with good textures and shading, and all shiznaz.

:) Really want to play this game with you guys.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

New Computer. Empty Re: New Computer.

Post by Naytdawg Tue 10 May - 22:42:00

It varies by personal taste you could have the mutts nutts overclocked water-cooled monster, but it might be naff for video editing or other stuff, work out what you want, most online places do a "gamer" range, these are normally a few upgrades off the top dollar rigs, will run smooth and happy straight out the box
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Tue 10 May - 22:44:27

I don't know what type of computer I want, I don't want one of those super-cooled computers if that means extra maintenance.

A simple computer around my budget with enough processing power and a good graphics card to play Arma.
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Tue 10 May - 22:51:01

Have you thought about building yourself? Find a premade computer you want, grab the component list, shop around a bit (dabs.com, overclockers.co.uk, scan.co.uk, aria.co.uk are all excellent) you should be able to shave a couple hundred off the top, maybe even upgrade a few of the parts for the same price as the shop was asking.

Building a computer is relatively simple, pretty much just slotting things in

capitan

Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Tue 10 May - 23:08:52

Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by bullyhouse Wed 11 May - 6:08:47

If i had to choose between the two, think i would go for the i5 build. maybe upgrade a few parts.
bullyhouse
bullyhouse

Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Wed 11 May - 9:11:24

Agreed, the i5 build is better. Regarding failing, a CPU overclock to 4.4ghz will increase your chances but not significantly if it runs cool. Apparently the i5Ks overclock really well so it shouldn't be an issue

Personally I would be wary of water cooling, but I have no experience of it at all. Anyone know anything about it?

Read a few reviews of the components of the one you like, make sure there are no duff parts.

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Wed 11 May - 9:15:33

That I5 machine is not a bad shout at all rob! shame it only comes in a HAF case with red leds that would mess with my colour scheme! :D
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Wed 11 May - 10:38:59

Can't find how much ram it has xD

Is there any website where you can customize it yourself?
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Wed 11 May - 10:40:42

How would this compare?
http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming+Range/Gladiator/Gladiator+Eruption+X4+Gaming+PC+?productId=43569

I honestly feel PC's are honestly A LOT more different, some of the hardware I see in the cheapest computer I thought were really expensive, I'm just kinda confused what so special about all the fancy case ones Razz
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by capitan Wed 11 May - 11:14:00

You can sorta go on overall price as a general guide. The one above will be less powerful than the i5 build you posted earlier. Some places are more expensive than others, shop around. You should definately take your time to choose the right one.

-What is your price range?
-What sort of performance are you looking for? at what resolution?
-How future proof do you want it to be? newer games etc
-Are you looking for something quiet and cool? Do you mind if it sounds like a jet engine but runs your games?
-Would you overclock it?

capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robskiet Wed 11 May - 12:09:48

I don't know if you wanted me to awnser these but here.

-What is your price range? Around 700. Going to sell my HP Laptop for extra $$$

-What sort of performance are you looking for? at what resolution?
Generally good perfomance, doesn't have to run Crysis and all that shnaz, just ARMA2 with most of the settings in high.

-How future proof do you want it to be? newer games etc
If I can run ARMA2 I should be able to run other good games Razz

-Are you looking for something quiet and cool? Do you mind if it sounds like a jet engine but runs your games?
I would want a decent noise, nothing too extreme, I'd be wearing headphones but I don't want a fire hazard in my room haha
-Would you overclock it?

This would create extra heat? If theres a safe way of doing this and if there was a warranty for it did break. Something safe Razz
Robskiet
Robskiet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaydeeOne Wed 11 May - 12:50:43

for $700 you can build your own machine to a pretty damn high specification. It's not hard to put things together, think of it as a big expensive lego set . . . but easier to put together.

You could probably put a quad core i5 or maybe even a hex-core AM3 system together for that price, probably coupled with a GTX 4** series card or a AMD 5*** series. That's definitely a Crysis capable machine, ARMA 2 would be like CS 1.6 to it.
TheShaydeeOne
TheShaydeeOne
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Daze Wed 11 May - 13:08:19

you are right wrong section moved it to here ok
Daze
Daze
*NwA* Administrator