*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

keyboards

+9
Bounty
deadly22sniper
Jay Scott
Nixy23
Snippers
Delta
Xazper
Naytdawg
deano-uk
13 posters

Go down

keyboards Empty keyboards

Post by deano-uk Sat 1 Jan - 20:08:23

hey guys just wondering wot keyboards you guys are using. i needs a new 1 and not sure what to go for, got around 80-100 mark also need a new mouse (using a 4yr old mx518) but still ok for now jus askin if any 1 knows of mice coming out soon. have been lookin at g9x but thats gettin on now so any info appreciated :)
deano-uk
deano-uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

keyboards Empty Re: keyboards

Post by Naytdawg Sat 1 Jan - 20:20:03

g15/19 no compromise :)
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Sun 2 Jan - 1:20:40

I use a G15 (old blue one) and it's been excellent so far. I use a G5 Logitech mouse but I'm starting to look for a new one as the sensitivity switching buttons are starting to act up after 3 years heavy usage. I have my eyes on a Razor even though I despise their claw grib. They do seem to have some cool hardware and they do have palm grib mice too. If not a razor then another logitech maybe a G500 (from what I read it's same as G5 but newer/better) or a G9x

If money weren't a problem I'd definitely get a G19 as I find the keyboard screen a must have for FPS, TeamSpeak names and CPU/Ram performance monitoring. It's pretty expensive though so I'm sticking with my perfectly fine G15. If I had to switch right now it'd a new orange G15 simply because it's cheaper than g19.

Sry if this is a little incoherent it's 2:20 in the morning and I'm just on my way to bed.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Sun 2 Jan - 16:21:05

well i use a stock/generic keyboard because i am too 1337 for anything better, oh and Xazper i would really recomend the Logitech G700 mouse - I dont use it wirelessly, always wired but it is amazing, has loads of buttons and simply rules
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Sun 2 Jan - 17:15:46

The g700 look interesting. A few things I don't like about it though are the option for wirelessness. For me that's just a useless feature that add unnecessary weight and size. The button positions though look good.

I also just found out about this mouse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNeL3NGGUmk&feature=related
It looks absolutely sick! As the reviewer says the build feels a little cheap plasticy but the customization options look just brilliant (Especially the pinky rest).
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Sun 2 Jan - 23:51:52

yeah i thought the same about the wireless, but it doesnt add anything to the mouse weight wise or size wise, i use mine plugged in and the wireless dongle is tiny (it fits in the battery compartment)

i used to have an old saitek cyborg mouse, and the things like the thumb rest and the pinky rest take a while to get used to but work really well.
Delta
Delta
*NwA* Administrator
*NwA* Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by deano-uk Mon 3 Jan - 14:05:45

hey guys thanks for replies, took the plunge and bought a Filco Majestouch was looking at the 7g from steel series but a lot of reviews were stating build quality was crap. still looking for a mouse as the g700 looks good but more like a rts or mmo kinda mouse , i want more buttons than the mouse i have now but the 700 may have a few to many for my likings peace
deano-uk
deano-uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazper Mon 3 Jan - 14:17:56

One of the things I'm looking for in a new mouse is a lot of buttons. Now I only have 1 thumb button and it's just not enough. I want 1 for TS, 1 for mumble locally, 1 for mumble global, 1 for ingame and 1 for ingame commander. And that's just voip.
Xazper
Xazper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippers Mon 27 Jun - 7:03:18

And so the time has come for Snippers to look for new keyboards, has anyone learnt about keyboards in the last 6 months they would like to add, I have been looking at the new Logitech keyboards:

New G15:
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3518879/Logitech-G15-Gaming-Keyboard/Product.html?searchtype=PCSH&searchsource=0&searchstring=g15&urlrefer=search&strefer=PCSH&searchfilters=s{g15}%2bc{420}%2b

G510:
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/16142450/-/Product.html?opFR=true

Did anyone have any recommendations or comments about em?

Snippers

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Naytdawg Mon 27 Jun - 7:29:22

15! Although you use a second screen for ts and stuff to the g510 without the full flashy LCD might be beneficial, I believe it's the mechanical keys one?
Naytdawg
Naytdawg
Nayt
Nayt

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy23 Mon 27 Jun - 7:59:49

I just use a regular el-cheapo (though logitech) keyboard. I believe it was 8 euro's when I bought it. I have yet to find the need for all those extra flashy keys!
Nixy23
Nixy23

Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Scott Mon 27 Jun - 14:43:40

Same here Nixy, Just a plain old black keyboard from the stone age!
Jay Scott
Jay Scott

Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadly22sniper Mon 27 Jun - 15:49:24

I'm pretty happy with my old Logitech Y-BH52. It's got a few extra multimedia buttons which I do use, but nothing flashy. Had it seven years and never thought to change it. It's good for gaming and typing. :D
deadly22sniper
deadly22sniper
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Bounty Mon 27 Jun - 16:16:27

G110, same as 15, but no screen.
Bounty
Bounty
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by deano-uk Mon 27 Jun - 21:14:51

hey all, i spent stupid money on mine but wow, you really get what you pay for the keys are so responsive and you dont have to press them all the way down for them to activate, ive got a filco with black cherry switches, but depending on wot your budget is you might wanna consider a cheap and nasty membrane type. i would of loved to get a das, but they are very expensive i suppose the only advice i can give ya is steer clear of razer
deano-uk
deano-uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bJN.uk Mon 27 Jun - 21:21:20

I used to have a Saitek Eclipse 2 which was a pretty awesome keyboard, but now I just use my £8 Logitech Media 300 keyboard, and it's absolutely fine, the media buttons are awesome to have, and it does have a full set of macro keys if I want to assign them to something, which is quite neat too!

For £8 can't fault it! Seems silly to spend anything more now...
bJN.uk
bJN.uk
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldau Tue 28 Jun - 11:06:31

I got a generic keyboard but i just need to pull myself together and go out and buy a G19,

I use the G700 mouse and well the rechargeable nikkel battery got about 1 day between recharges and a lithium AA extra power got 2 days before you suck it dry. So yeah keep it recharging otherwise you can always use the energy check key.
Eldau
Eldau
*NwA* Clan Member
*NwA* Clan Member

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by speedhound1-WYD- Tue 28 Jun - 14:15:33

i use an Ideazon fang, had it for about, erm, 4 years ? or so.

like a landrover of a keyboard, simple, rugged and still works even though its full of cigarette ash (ciggy in held in left hand whilst right hand kills you all keyboards 879428 )

didn't cost a lot but i'm not sure its even for sale now.

will miss it when the ash stops the keys being pressed :(

speedhound1-WYD-

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Evertjeuh Tue 28 Jun - 17:11:58

I have a laptop Shocked

Evertjeuh
*NwA* Admin
*NwA* Admin

Registration date : 2010-12-12

Back to top Go down