*NwA* Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To buy or not to buy Windows 7 upgrade

4 posters

Go down

To buy or not to buy Windows 7 upgrade Empty To buy or not to buy Windows 7 upgrade

Post by Bang2Rights Tue 1 Dec - 15:35:49

I notice a few of you guy's have got Win 7, judging by your desk screenies. And lets face it, Vista sucks ass. However, before I sell the wife for funds, I would genuinely appreciate peoples feedback on said item.

Q: Is Windows 7 really that much better than Vista, enough to bother upgrading?

Q: Will I lose everything on my hardrive i.e. will I have to re-install everything after the upgrade?

Q: What problems are there with win 7 playing BF2/PR or for that matter NVidea drivers.

Q: Where's the cheapest place to get a full version copy, I don't have the original Vista disks (Thanks HP).

Ta very muchly bounce

Bang2Rights

Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

To buy or not to buy Windows 7 upgrade Empty Re: To buy or not to buy Windows 7 upgrade

Post by Shug06 Tue 1 Dec - 15:48:53

Win 7 is way better than Vista, I had a vista pc and it was annoying me so much I went and put xp back on it. Win 7 will install over Vista without wiping the info on your pc, you must have the latest service pack on it though, as if you've only service pack 1, it won't overwrite and you'll have to do a clean install. Do a backup of the stuff you want to save anyway, as pc's can make a liar out of you sometimes! Win 7 loads quicker and you can move from program to progam quicker, your not twiddling your thumbs waiting, the home version though, does not support some software that was for xp, that's why the pro version has a vertual xp pc. Hope that helps a bit.
Shug06
Shug06

Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

To buy or not to buy Windows 7 upgrade Empty Re: To buy or not to buy Windows 7 upgrade

Post by Mad-Mike Tue 1 Dec - 15:50:31

A: Yes by far, alot more bugs fixed and tbh XP was better than Vista.

Q: Will I lose everything on my hardrive i.e. will I have to re-install everything after the upgrade?
A: Yes you will need to reinstall everything again, so make sure you save important things like, pics,vids,software etc...

Q: What problems are there with win 7 playing BF2/PR or for that matter NVidea drivers.
A: The only problem I had with bf2/pr was punkbuster but reinstalling pb solved it.

Q: Where's the cheapest place to get a full version copy, I don't have the original Vista disks (Thanks HP).
A: Got mine of me sisters bf works for some IT thing lol so robbed it of him so someone else help you there.

Woth getting it though mate, its better than vista without a doubt
Mad-Mike
Mad-Mike

Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by devilhawk Tue 1 Dec - 15:56:17

Yes is it realy is, but performance wise it is just round the same as XP.

Ermmm @ Mike... I think u have the option to keep all of your files on the disk but just change the OS files... correct me if im wrong.

I dont think that it will realy effect it, except maybe you will have to run it as administrator and maybe some PB probs but easily fixable.

SOFTWARE FOR STUDENTS http://www.software4students.co.uk/

You need to have a child that is in school, i think you do as far as i remember, you can register that child and all of the immediate family quilifys to buy from the site

Win 7 Ultimate 64 on there IS 60 POUNDS !!!!

devilhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang2Rights Tue 1 Dec - 16:03:05

Wow, thanks for the quick response guys that's great.

If i don't have the original 64 Vista CD key (Hp didn't supply) is it better to get the full 64 bit Win 7 professional version or just the upgrade?

Bang2Rights

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad-Mike Tue 1 Dec - 16:16:27

devilhawk wrote:

Ermmm @ Mike... I think u have the option to keep all of your files on the disk but just change the OS files... correct me if im wrong.

Yeah sorry, that is true
ive not tryed it yet though so not 100% sure if it works, I like erasing it all and start from scratch

And Bang think you might have to get the full Win7 64bit, not sure on that though!
Mad-Mike
Mad-Mike

Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down